The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Calorie counter issues?
19 Aug 2013, 15:55
Hello everyone
I think i might be having some issues with the website http://caloriecount.about.com/
I have decided that im going to have the cajun spiced chicken and wedges from the hairy bikers diet book, which according to the book is 284 calories per serving. So my first issue is, it says you need 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, but how much is that in grams? As chicken breasts can vary in size. So i then put the recipe into the calorie counter and its says the meal is 541 calories!! where has that come from? I have also found with other recipes the website shows a higher calorie content that the recipe states.
By the way the chicken portion i put into the website was 175g. Would you say that was a average size portion?
Re: Calorie counter issues?
19 Aug 2013, 16:05
Hi think mfp was 100grm =100 calories
I did their Cajun last week but only used spices etc didn't do fries
Instead had Massive salad :heart: :heart: Sue
19 Aug 2013, 17:11
oh right ok. Well i just checked the fast diet book and it says 100g=104 calories. but why is it so much on calorie count?

just out of interest how spicy did you find the chicken Sue Q?
19 Aug 2013, 17:17
Checking out a few links on the net, found one that did a complete breakdown of each ingredient and lists the calories for this recipe.

The chicken they show as 140 cals for a 136grm fillet. Since being on 5/2 I struggle to eat more than a 100grm of chicken fillet !

The total cals is shown as 297 for one potion (skinless & boneless).

I bought a couple of chicken fillets from the farm shop and they were 225 grms each ! There seems no easy way just to buy a fillet. :confused:
19 Aug 2013, 18:00
MyFitnessPal has the Hairy dieters recipes already in there (I know that doesn't help with the buying/cooking issue)
5 posts Page 1 of 1