The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Calories in coffee.
16 Mar 2014, 10:25
I usually use my Tassimo when at home but when I go away in a few weeks, I have bought some decafe coffee (Freeze dried) from Aldi. I can't seem to find how many calories are in it. MFP states 0 and so does some other places on the net. Is this right? As it sounds to good to be true.
Re: Calories in coffee.
16 Mar 2014, 10:41
I think that normal coffee granules have minimal calories in them. When diluted with hot water, there aren't enough calories to count. It's the things that get added to coffee - sugar, milk, cream - that add the calories.
16 Mar 2014, 11:04
Pretty sure Jemima is right..just count the cals in milk,cream,sugar
For anyone who wants to know, a skinny cappucino ( medium ) from Costa is 94cals
Had one last week and it was enormous and very filling too
16 Mar 2014, 16:22
Thanks everyone. I add stevia and slmond milk so not that many. Should help on a fast day.
16 Mar 2014, 19:56
Thanks for that Candy. I wondered how many cals a skinny cappuccino has!

Bean :starving:
16 Mar 2014, 20:19
om MFP it says the tassimo coffee is 5 cals do you think this is wrong then?
16 Mar 2014, 20:24
Don't sweat on five calories. Good coffee keeps you going on fast days :cool:
7 posts Page 1 of 1