The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I tried to recreate a dish I had in a restaurant. If you like mushrooms please make this as it is truly sublime. We just ate it then.
Baked mushrooms.
1 big brown bag of mushrooms ( button or small cup mushies)cut little mushrooms in half, medium sizes ones in quarters
I onion
1 tbs butter
1 tbs oil
1 -2 cloves garlic
1 tbs tomato paste or 3 tbs napolatana sauce
Big handful chopped continental parsley
Splash of white wine or verjuice.
Big handful grated tasy cheese
Cream
Method.

Fry onion and garlic in butter till soft, remove, add more butter if necessary and fry mushrooms till browned ( don't overcrowd) add onions back in pan, add tomato paste cook for a minute or 2 then add wine cook off alcohol. Add parsley and cream ( thin, full fat) about 1/2 a cup, reduce cream a bit so its not liquidy season really well with salt and pepper then mix half cheese through it then put in baking tray sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake in a 180 degree oven till browned on top and yummy looking. About 15-20 minutes but keep an eye on it.
A great accompaniment to any meal. I tripled this and took it to a dinner party and it was a big hit. Just then we had it with tomato,olive fetta brushetta and bacon and eggs on toast. It would also be really nice as a mushroom bruchetta with some added fetta. ( can you tell I love fetta!)
Bon appetite!
Xxx
That would be nice with polenta, thanks Julianna. I've got one of those mushroom growing kits so hopefully I'll have lots of mushrooms soon.
Thanks for the recipe @Julianna that sounds so good have saved it for future use :like: :like:
:clover: :clover:
I will make this tonight - I've got everything in by pure coincidence :like:
How wonderful Winsome! I was just going to saute mushrooms for our brunch then I realized I had all the ingredients too. OMG! It is so worth the effort! So good. Xxx
Yum, thanks, I will try that.

I do this one....... Fry chopped onion, till soft, add garlic and chopped mushrooms, when they're cooked add some spinach (fresh or frozen) and when it's all cooked add some half fat creme fraiche. You can include herbs or spices to taste according to the type of food you are going to serve the mushrooms with. We have this at least once a week.
6 posts Page 1 of 1