The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Things to do with beef?!
05 Feb 2014, 16:01
Went a bit mad in asda today and bought a lot of things for my fast day and things to batch cook for future days!

Thing is, I bought some diced beef and don't actually have a clue what to cook it into for my fast day evening meal! lol,
I was thinking some form of pasty-less beef and ale pie, but I honestly don't have a clue! Can anyone recommend an idea or 3 or link a some thing! lol,
Re: Things to do with beef?!
05 Feb 2014, 16:23
Take each cube and slice it thinly, then marinate it in soy sauce, olive oil and something acidic like lemon juice, wine or sherry and leave it for a few hours, overnight would be better. Use the marinated beef in a stir fry.
05 Feb 2014, 20:49
oooh that sounds lovely! gonna do that first thing in the morning i think!
05 Feb 2014, 21:27
I just put it in a casserole with chopped carrot and onion, some water with oxo and bisto mixed in. Bung in oven on about 160 for 2-3 hours - lovely!
06 Feb 2014, 03:52
As a newbie I've just had one of my best fast day meals with beef. Made a spanish/mexican casserole with onions, garlic, red peppers, tinned tomatoes, chili and smoked paprika. I used up some leftover roast beef but it would be just as easy with raw cubed beef. Served with a small baked potato, totaled 315 cals.
5 posts Page 1 of 1