The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

8 posts Page 1 of 1
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... 70&index=0

which explains why most of us go for vegetable soups and stews on fast days ....
Oh dear - I think I've gone off leeks !!! :shock: Great to have that visual - really does give an idea of what we're struggling with doesn't it. Thanks for sharing :)
the source website that has even more pictures
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-c ... k-like.htm

Suchard
Leek and potato soup with a dash of stilton is WONDERFUL - and so long as its mostly leek and a really, really strong stilton, a 400 calorie bowl (leaving 100 for tea on a fast day) will leave you stuffed.
Thanks talkinpeace - sorry I was being daft (not too unusual) - I love leeks but it was just so many on the plate at the same time :lol: Haven't tried it with stilton though - so that's a recipe I'll have to try sometime soon. I do love soups on fast days - I find them so satisfying, healthy and nutritious - almost look forward to them, if you get my meaning! :)
There aren't any leeks in that slideshow. It's celery which is notoriously low in calories!
celery and stilton is good soup too ....
Cant believe how small the portion of peanut butter is!
8 posts Page 1 of 1