The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all. I spotted this new range in Marks today, and it looks perfect for fast days as most dishes are under 500 calories. It's mostly Middle Eastern-type flavours - there was harissa salmon, and duck with pomegranate, things like that. Most seem to contain grains and pulses designed to keep you full for longer, as well as at least one of your five a day. They're on special offer at the moment - 25% off I think - so I'm going to stock up. Always on the lookout for tasty fast day ready meals! I've also updated the ready meals/convenience foods page on my blog if you're looking for ideas :-) http://fastdays.wordpress.com/52-ready-meals/
Oh, if only I was in the UK.
Are they ready-to-eat or do they need a microwave?
Thank you - I'll look out for those :)
They've got both TML13 - a range of sandwiches and salads as well as the ready-to-cook stuff.
Ooooooh that sounds perfect!
When I'm in London I have one or two dinners from M&S. I go early in the afternoon so that I can find everything. I get a sandwich, salad, smoked salmon, some cheese, crispy bacon and trifles. Then, in late evening, after I returned from my shopping and taken my bath, I lay them all on my bed or table and have a proper feast. I usually have some sparkling wine too, or mulled wine if it's in season.
I canny wait to try this new range!!!
YUM! I have just enjoyed the M&S Delicious and Nutritious Roasted Butternut Squash, spiced pulses and Feta with a yogurt dressing. It was really tasty and 370 calls worth. I had to zap it in the microwave for 2.5mins before drizzling over the dressing, and hey presto! It isn't even a fast day for me, but I am so full!

Completely recommend it - I will try another and review it after my next visit there. :)
WOW! I wonder if I could ever fast during a trip to London. Dunno if I'd manage 500 calories but I could do 1000 which would deffo be a first one since I'm usually around 3500...
Perhaps I'm kidding meself though. I only managed to skip dinner once in London, only because the snow was too much for me to walk on it. And I still had crisps and mulled wine...
I love their "count on us" range, usually under 300 cals.
My favourite is the Bengal cod curry! Yummy!
Are the portions filling?
I've been eating from M&S all my life but I was always going fir the naughty options...
Wow Starmaker, I'm in Newcastle tomorrow, I will make sure I check out M&S!
10 posts Page 1 of 1