The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

2 posts Page 1 of 1
slim pasta
12 Apr 2013, 11:01
I have just come across the range "slim pasta" here in Australia.
It is made from the Konjac root and there is a range of angel hair pasta, slim noodle,organic fettucini and spaghetti. It is extremely low in calories. Have just made a stirfry with the angel hair and found it to be a great " filler". The angel hair itself is quite tasteless, so you need a nice sauce to go with it. I used a ready made sauce ( 140 calories ) together with a packet of frozen stirfry vegetables, and chicken.
Will try the spaghetti soon and keep you updated. Here in Australia it is available in Woolworth.
Re: slim pasta
12 Apr 2013, 22:12
Another sub for real pasta is finely shredded and steamed white cabbage. I call it skinny spaghetti. It's filling but doesn't leave you with the pasta bloat. Also, it's about 30 cals for a great big serving.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Similar Topics