The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Cook Books
19 Apr 2013, 07:49
Hi All,

Looking for some help with good cookbooks, we have already bought the hairy dieters cookbook, we are looking for more 'every day' cookbooks.

I have noticed that on a non fast day, I tend to go overboard, so if anyone can help I would be grateful. Preferably looking for calorie counted cookbooks, (I understand that some of the weight watchers books are calorie counted).

thanks
Re: Cook Books
19 Apr 2013, 07:57
Hi, i use the Good Food website for a lot of recipes
GIve it a try - lots of ideas!
:o)
19 Apr 2013, 08:08
I have high praise for the Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals. They are all good, tasty and nutritionally balanced, and there's a summary of the calorie, fat, sugar etc content at the back. Most importantly, my husband loves them too!
26 Apr 2013, 22:51
Weightwatchers books are good and calorie counted. I have lads of them. Recipes work well for family meals too.
21 May 2013, 09:47
I also like The Skinny Girl's French Kitchen by Harry Eastwood - French bistro classics slimmed down and really tasty. Cook Yourself Thin has some Asian-influenced meals that don't really appeal to me but may to others and is worth a look (once you get past all the girly eyelash-batting twaddle).

I will check out Jamie's 15 Minute Meals - don't think any of his other books have calorie counts so it hadn't occurred to me that one would. The idea of having dinner on the table in 15 minutes when fasting is very appealing indeed!
5 posts Page 1 of 1