The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Me and hubby couldn't face cooking today as didn't get home till 7.30pm so I searched for cals for chip shop food on fitness pal and was pleasantly surprised. My chilli con carne which we were supposed to have was 650 cals with the rice. My chip shop meal which consisted of large mushy peas, 200g of chips and a fishcake was 713 cals! So I have had 1500 cals in total today and enjoyed a lovely fish and chip shop dinner!
Old-fashioned junk food isn't bed calorie-wise. A Big Mac with small fries is less than 750!
Interesting....LOL
I think you just have to be sensible don't you really, I could have had my usual chicken kebab in naan bread!
True!
I always choose Fish and chips over Mcdonalds/KFC/BurgerKing :)
Just looked up Burger King out of curiosity on MFP as I do love that and for a whopper meal with cheese and chips its 1430 cals - I normally have a double whopper ouch!! Whopper indeed....best stay well away!
If you eat the fish & leave the batter it's super health as the fish is steamed.....I know leaving the batter is the hard bit!
Yes that's what they always said to do at slimming world - surely the batter soaks in abit!! I don't think I could do that hence why I had fishcake!!!
I came across this article the other day
http://www.frankiesfishandchips.com/?page_id=1415

Portion size and cooking technique has a lot to account for! My local chippie is really really greasy and the chip portion is about 450g (doesn't taste that nice either). I avoid it, and take advantage of better chippies when I am able to.
I am not sure I will have them again as cannot be certain on the cal content! At least I didn't have fish in batter :(
My mum eats the batter and leaves the fish!!!
She should just ask for free batter bits!!
I do that for her at home, when I'm frying fish. She also likes fried batter with feta cheese.
12 posts Page 1 of 1