The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

8 posts Page 1 of 1
How do people think we should organise this area?

Have sub-forums for recipes based on calorie ranges - eg 0-250,250-500 etc?
Or maybe a standard format for titling topics to make it easier to browse them?

Ideas welcome!
I think that calorie ranges would be the most useful as a main section and then perhaps subsections within the calorie ranges based on the 'type' of meal. One of the limiting factors i've noted so far in both the book and the main website is the meals are split, I only eat once a day on my fast - so would naturally look for 500 cal meal inspirations.
Thanks for the feedback :) I think once this place is a bit more active we'll look at splitting things out a bit like that. I too like to have just one meal on my fast, so anything in the 400-500 range is what I'd be looking for as well.
I like the idea of separate areas for calorie ranges.

Maybe also a thread for American suggestions? I love hearing about the M&S fuller longer meals, but I can't get them!
yes that's a good point - maybe one of the subsections in the cal ranges should be ready made/ home made - catering for those times when you don't want to think about fast day too much.
I think separate posts/ areas would be a good idea. If I'm getting too hungry finding something in a low calorie range that could tide me over until main meal would be useful.
I think sub forums based on calorie ranges would be really useful.
Thanks Moogie for creating this fantastic site, bought the book but learnt far more by reading the posts on here.
I like the idea of a standardised format for posts, maybe something like:

{Name of recipe} - {Amount of calories} - {Veggie/Vegan/Wheat free/etc}

Recipe blurb, etc.

Ingredient 1
Ingredient 2
Etc

Method of cooking.
8 posts Page 1 of 1