The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
Does anyone know which is the lowest crispbread/ricecake/anything really to dunk in soup or have with salad? Just finished the rice-cakes and fancied something different, so thought I'd ask before I start reading all the packets in the supermarket! Thanks.
I love Melba toast which is low calorie. I buy the wholemeal variety and find them quite filling.
They range from about 11 to 14 calories a slice. Although they are only small they do seem to satisfy.
Rice cakes are quite high G.I., so I've stopped buying them.
I love ryvita too as they are tasty, filling and not too bad calorie wise.
I usually have 2 instead of toast, spread with real butter and marmalade.....much more satisfying than toast.
I think they all have approximately the same calorie content, but I find the price of ryvita so high, particularly the "flavoured" ones (Mediterranean herbs, caramelized onion, sesame seeds etc) that for a fraction of their price I get them from Lidl. Aldi don't do them here for some reason - anyway, they taste just the same and if I want the extra £1 worth of herbs with it I just add my penny worth, from the kitchen cupboard! :smile:
I love Rakusens matzos, large and small. Yummy and satisfying. Sorry for the name drop!
Lidl's own crispbreads are good, I prefer them to Ryvita :smile:
The plain ones are 30 cals each.
Finn Crisp rye ones are even lower at 20 each (so 3 for the price of 2!), very thin and crunchy, nice with tuna & cottage cheese on.
I'm obsessed with ryvita crackerbread at the moment... original and wholemeal and only 19 cals per slice. Agree with tuna and cottage cheese on top... or lightest cream cheese and cherry toms..
Thanks for this post - i've been having rivita at about 42 cals per slice, have just popped some rivita crackerbread on the shopping for this week to try! :)
Interesting topic Ringwood.
I'm going to have a look in lidl tomorrow as I'm going to be in the area.
Every single calorie is precious. Lol.
Wow! What an assortment! Will give the Lidl ones a go, have got 2 packs of melba toast left, didn't know you could get wholemeal! Thanks and keep it coming!
I also like Rakusen's crackers. 19 cals. Just small matzos but something to crunch!
Rakusens 99% crackers, herb & onion flavour, 18 calories a cracker and taste good without anything put on them!
Thanks everyone for all that helpful information. I was looking for something similar, and will go out today and try some of the suggestions.
Just to let you know I found the Finncrisps in Waitrose. The 20 cal ones are oblong, longer and thinner than Ryvita, in a cardboard box; they also do round ones which are more cals so check the labels.
Waitrose do 17 calorie breadsticks too. Psychologically I like them because they look bigger ;-)
14 posts Page 1 of 1