The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Slim noodles. I'm in love!!!
29 May 2013, 12:59
I just had them for lunch.
120 grams of mushrooms, one packet of slim noodles, half a mushroom stock cube, a splash of soy sauce... probably less than 50 calories and lunch is shorted! :grin:

Their taste is like vermicelli, so is their texture. I held by breath when I opened the packet and while rinsing them so I can't comment on their smell.

I am trying the rice tonight and then I'll place a new order on Amazon.
This sounds good, thanks TML, I hope Holland and Barrat sells them,

Ballerina x :cool:
Yes, they do! But Amazon's postage is cheaper.
I just tried the rice, it's more of an orzo pasta than rice but still nice.
If you like vermicelli you will probably like the noodles and rice. I haven't tried the fettuccine but I'm guessing that this is not a fettuccine texture...
The penne is good too, feels like there's more somehow!
Are these shirataki (zero) noodles or do they have a different texture/taste (not that they taste of anything very much)?
Yes, shirataki!!!
I am better, thanks! Headache still here and very tired but better!
I had these for the first time today too, and was pleasantly surprised after reading on here how many people didn't like them for the texture/flavour.

I had an Innocent sweet chilli pot for my dinner so used the fettucine slim pasta to bulk it out and it worked really well! I always find the veg pots are mostly sauce anyway so there was plenty to use with all the slim pasta.

Keen to try out the rice/noodles now!
I use these on my fast days to add to soups.

I had tomato soup and added chilli flakes and noodles on Tuesday fast, and couldn't finish my food, stuffed!

Tonight i'm adding them to thai green chilli soup, yum! and still less than 500 calories :)
Welcome to the forums, Mishelly!
Thanks Tracieknits :)
Just had my first zero noodles after hearing about them on the forum and then getting from Amazon.

Not "in love" but can definitely see their role. Clearly need some flavouring, preferably a good sauce. What are folks best tips for a low calorie sauce eg to go with some veg and the noodles?

I just washed and washed, then boiled, then threw into a wok with some muscles (from a jar as I like some protein on fast days) plus some onion, mushrooms and courgettes with spry fry.

Now feel surprising full and also hope will help with more usual bowel behaviours on a fast day (excuse too much info!)

Paul
So far I had them 3 times. Once with mushrooms and soy sauce, once with tomato, basil, garlic and cream cheese and the third time I used the zero rice and made some sort of risotto with courgettes, fresh onions and lots of black pepper.
I found that if I boil them in water with half a stock cube their taste improves very much.
I'm fasting on Wednesday again and I plan to eat them with tomato, aubergine and garlic.
16 posts Page 1 of 2