The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Zero noodles by choice
29 May 2013, 17:50
I'm not fasting today, but we both want the lovely low cal curry that we love and ....... really wierd, I PREFER to have zero noodles than ordinary rice or noodles

How TOTALLY SPOOKY is that?

I'm actually thinking ... hmmm I'm not fasting today, I should be eating normally, but my taste buds are wanting zero noodles

I'm worried :confused:
Re: Zero noodles by choice
29 May 2013, 17:57
I would be VERY worried if I were you!! :lol:
29 May 2013, 18:11
I tried them today. I like them but I wouldn't choose them on a non-fast day.
29 May 2013, 18:36
I love these. They definitely take time to get used to but I think they are a pretty good alternative to normal noodles considering they are virtually calorie free. I bought 20 packets when they were on offer at Holland & Barrett with free delivery. I think it worked out at about £14 in total. They are 200 grams and only 4 calories per 100 grams so 8 calories in pack. Bloody marvellous and filling. I just wish I had more ideas of what to cook them with.
29 May 2013, 18:41
What are zero noodles?
29 May 2013, 19:03
TML13 wrote: I tried them today. I like them but I wouldn't choose them on a non-fast day.

I thought to start with, but they've gone & sneakiky crept up on me!

tink59 see here http://www.zeronoodles.com/?sid= available from Holland & Barrett
29 May 2013, 19:10
Both hub and I prefer them.
Pad thai noodles, singapore noodles, chicken stir fry, beef stir fry. Our list is endless.
It helps that we have a fridge/freezer full of lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, fish sauce, ginger, chillies, garlic etc.
29 May 2013, 19:25
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Full house already!
29 May 2013, 19:26
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
31 May 2013, 22:35
Penny, I'm jealous of your freezer full of Thai ingredients. There are so many I can't get in Okinawa, in spite of historical ties (Okinawa even has special permission to import Thai rice to make the local liquor awamori. This is a very big deal in Japan).

Japanese eat shirataki ( their name for zero noodles) by choice. It's on my list of foods here that I'm indifferent about. Though that opinion was formed before I knew they were high fiber/ low cal.
10 posts Page 1 of 1