The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Omelette
09 Jun 2013, 20:51
Hi all,

Need some advice.I really fancy an omelette for my fast day dinner on Tue. However an egg at highest is 90 cals each so a 2 egg woukd be 180 cals which is alot.

Any suggestions to make an omelette for less cals? Was thinking egg whites??

Thanks

Karen
Re: Omelette
09 Jun 2013, 20:53
One egg ? I have small pan and have done that.
09 Jun 2013, 20:57
One egg + one eggwhite work really well--not a lot of calories, but more substantial than just eggwhites. It really sticks with you. :smile:
09 Jun 2013, 21:00
can I do scrambled eggs? or is it only boiled or poached eggs I am allowed?
09 Jun 2013, 21:01
Thats what I was thinking. 1 egg and few egg whites filled with veg.

Thanks

Karen
09 Jun 2013, 21:02
I make my fast day omelettes with 3 whole eggs :oops: , and add lots of mushrooms and asparagus. But then I don't eat all day, so it still fits within my allowance.

Not a lot of help to you, sorry!!
09 Jun 2013, 21:16
gemmell61 wrote: can I do scrambled eggs? or is it only boiled or poached eggs I am allowed?

any of the above
17 Jun 2013, 12:23
Tips on making omelettes?! I sometimes just end up turning mine into scrambled eggs...

I do mine with 2 eggs so 180 calories and then mushrooms, spinach, goats cheese, to take it up to 300, as thats usually what I try to leave for my evening meal
17 Jun 2013, 12:23
ive been counting one egg as 70!!! :-S
17 Jun 2013, 12:30
I make an omlette using just egg white - it called Two Chicks - and comes in a carton. 100g of it has only 50 cals. I make an omlette using fry light and a red chillie or with a tbs of grated parmesan. Delicious. You do need a good non stick pan tho xx
08 Jul 2013, 13:37
Has anyone tried using almond milk in an omelette?
31 Jul 2013, 23:18
I googled it and a recipe is on 'skinny stove' looks yum
31 Jul 2013, 23:49
I do a 2 egg omlette but pack in loads of veg such as chopped or diced carrots, green beans, bits of cauliflower and brocolli, a few peas and a tablespoon of sweetcorn (mangetoute and babycorn are low cal versions), bell peppers, tomato and lastly if I have enough calories I will slice in a small potato. Very tasty and very filling. Make the omlette in the pan, when the underside is done pop it under the grill (broiler) for a few minutes to cook the top, it fluffs up brilliantly then and looks amazing on the plate.
01 Aug 2013, 00:27
Maybe you have really big chickens across the pond? I get Grade A Large at ALDI and it says 70 calories on the package. :confused:
01 Aug 2013, 01:30
Yes, 43tweaker and other Yanks--my large eggs carton here in NY says 70 cal per egg. Maybe UK chickens are different?;)

Lately, I've been eating lightly in the afternoon and then finishing up about 6 pm with three scrambled eggs. I think the fat in the whole egg sticks with me longer and keeps hunger away.
15 posts Page 1 of 1