The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Soup free summer hunger
26 Jun 2013, 16:07
Hi
I am suffering from soup deprivation sympton. It was a lifesaver in the winter/spring when it was cold and I have now decided to switch to salad but it just isn't filling me up at lunchtime - what's everyone else doing?
Re: Soup free summer hunger
26 Jun 2013, 16:15
I'm on salads but loads of it with everything on it, crunching celery, last me ages getting through it all + I'm satisfied, but sometimes have oxo or have just found Tesco light choices cup/soup I have veg 53 Cal's but leave it to ''soak'' before drinking :clover: Sue
26 Jun 2013, 16:18
You could try a chilled soup such as the Spanish have? I am sure it is an acquired taste to have everything hot... bit like iced tea.
26 Jun 2013, 16:20
I am a Bovril fan- not really thought it was too hot for soup- maybe on a couple of days, but then my cold feet needed a hotwater bottle on Monday!
26 Jun 2013, 20:00
Yes, I'm missing my soups also! I'll still have my cup of boullion, as I can't find a decent replacement snack that is only 5 calories. For meals, I've been having a veggie burger pattie, as that's only 100 cals and I find it more satisfying than salad.
26 Jun 2013, 20:12
In love soup and no matter what the weather is doing I couldn't not have it.
26 Jun 2013, 20:32
We just crank up the AC and have soup. Last night I had chili and it wasn't even my fast day. A couple of months back I realized that soup and salad were about the healthiest things I eat. After that, I started eating them more often regardless of the weather. I usually have either soup, salad or sometimes even both every single day.
26 Jun 2013, 21:42
I don't think that there is any rule that says you can't have soup in summer! If that is what you would like then surely that is what you should eat. I very rarely eat salad and often eat soup, whatever the weather, and it's never occured to me that there might be a seasonal cut-off point! So go for it girl - eat soup with my blessing - anytime!
26 Jun 2013, 21:44
Massive stir fry!
26 Jun 2013, 21:51
50-100 grams of chicken in a big salad is what I was having for lunch earlier when it was warmer. Of course you can have soup if you want to even if its hot out. What difference is there really between a hot bowl of soup and a hot bowl of mac n cheese or spaghetti which people still eat all year long. Good luck!:-)
26 Jun 2013, 22:17
I eat soup and salad (love them both)all year round. I will even have a salad when I am on a Ski Holiday. If you really enjoy a food and it helps this way of eating go for it.
26 Jun 2013, 22:26
Soup any time. Usually in the summer months I tend to gravitate to the lighter soups, but I have them all year. Even on holiday in the Mediterranean I will do a soup a couple of times a week in the evening.
26 Jun 2013, 22:44
I eat soup in summer too, I just change the ingredients a bit depending on what's in season or I have a chilled soup, today I had gaspacho and it was lovely! In terms of salad try something like a greek salad or a salade niçoise for a more filling salad, or add beans or some kind of grains to bulk it out a bit without adding too many cals.
26 Jun 2013, 23:29
Leek and potato soup also good cold. Might have to change ratio of leek and peas to keep carbs down but it would be filling
05 Jul 2013, 23:56
I love soup in the summer....always have lots of leftovers and do not have to cook for several days. My favorite is chicken taco soup made with lentils and lots of seasonings.
15 posts Page 1 of 1