The FastDay Forum

5:2 Cookery Discussion, Tips & Ideas

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Warburton Thins
02 Feb 2014, 17:17
Quick question:

Apparently the new Warburton Thins are 100 calories "per Thin". When you open the packet they are already halved, so I am confused. Is it 100 calories per half or do the two pieces together = 100?

Just hoping to have a Thin sandwich with my boiled egg for Sunday tea :starving:

Bean :confused:
Re: Warburton Thins
02 Feb 2014, 17:42
Oh dear! Ignore me. Bean a silly Bean

:oops:
02 Feb 2014, 17:57
I am ignoring you :grin: but just wanted to say that in our house they are used as pizza bases. Not by myself you understand. Tut tut :wink: hope you enjoy them. I remember Moogie posting about them ages ago. Have a look
02 Feb 2014, 18:39
These are nice and yes 100cal per thin and yes @moogie go me into them too.plus my kids snack on them as fit into the toaster very nicely.
02 Feb 2014, 18:53
Yes they're surprisingly good. They come cut in half which is what confused me...but I think the two halves make a whole which equals 100 calories. Phew! I need to come up for air! Oh didn't realise Moogie had written about them. I'm so behind the times obviously!!

Bean :bugeyes:
02 Feb 2014, 18:57
Yeah i came across these handy little fellas when i was housesitting..they were in the breadbin so it would have been churlish not to eat them :razz: they are rather nice..
I also came across 5:2 while housesitting for the same friends...they had the book..and i started reading it right away and very soon was IFing and meeting great peeps on here....
.. goes to show,do a good turn and sometimes you receive something really great back! :like:
02 Feb 2014, 19:09
CandiceMarie wrote: Yeah i came across these handy little fellas when i was housesitting..they were in the breadbin so it would have been churlish not to eat them :razz: they are rather nice..
I also came across 5:2 while housesitting for the same friends...they had the book..and i started reading it right away and very soon was IFing and meeting great peeps on here....
.. goes to show,do a good turn and sometimes you receive something really great back! :like:

Have your friends had success with IF too @CandiceMarie :?:
02 Feb 2014, 19:26
Yes they have done well,thanks for asking Cally,specially the guy - as usual! - but they have very busy lives and careers and i think they have times where life sorta gets in the way and it goes on the back burner..whereas for me its become a big big part of my day to day life ( says she,after taking in far too many cals today and yesterday!) but i wdnt dream of NOT fasting tomorrow!
04 Feb 2014, 18:14
As an add on I'd just like to say how delicious the Thins are. They make great panninis (taste just like cafe bought ones) and yet are only 100 calories. Bean recommends

Bean :like:
04 Feb 2014, 19:01
They fit really nicely into the little bags that pop in the toaster to make toasted sandwiches.
04 Feb 2014, 20:10
Oh now that's an idea! Are they worth getting, those toasty bags?

Bean :confused:
04 Feb 2014, 20:27
Yep definitely, I love mine.
04 Feb 2014, 21:00
For everyone who likes Warbaton Thins.... Give Warbaton Pitta Halves a go.....85 cals per half pitta. £1 per pack 8 pittas per pack (ASDA)
I freeze mine and defrost them one at a time -Ding for 10 secs in microwave turn over and ding again for 10 secs. Use both in same day if you want or keep airtight container for next day.
I avoid carbs on my fast days but currently still count cals on my non fast days allowing between 1000 and 1200 cals.(Guess I must be a freak as I actually find non fast days more stressfull with the fear of yo yo effect than the 500 days with which I have not found to leave me as hungry as I thought I would and no ill effects of headaches or bowel problems(but thats another story :oops: )
04 Feb 2014, 22:20
I read the post Moogie posted about Thins and got some. I absolutely love them. I have tried the wholemeal and the 50/50. I like them both. I make mine into a sandwich and then pop it under the grill for a few mins on either side. I also have used it instead of a burger bun. I was telling my MIL about them as she isn't keen on a lot of bread as she finds it heavy.
04 Feb 2014, 22:35
Your definitely not a freak @susbut65 as I'm very cautious about my feast days sticking to 1200-1300 and it can get rather stressful working it all out but Fitness pal is great as you log it all and it gives you levels of protein/carbs etc. plus it remembers everything you have eaten so you can just reuse it, you can also just scan bar codes if you use the app. I worry that if I 'feast' too much my fast days will be wasted. I also find thins a great extra to go with soup and I toast them so they are better to dunk. Somehow toasted bread seems more satisfying.
22 posts Page 1 of 2