The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

6 posts Page 1 of 1
So simple and so yummy - about 20 minutes to make. (including shredding of ingredients)

Asian beef noodle soup.jpg

based on this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/asian-beef-n ... oup-279986

I used Tomoshiraga somen Japanese style noodle which comes in at 195 calories per serve (55g)

Also used dark soy sauce for more colour

recipe says its 163calories a serve but i always find that a bit misleading as i tend to add ingredients in quantities that i have or seem right but overall with limited noodles (or totally subsitute the slimming type) its good for a fast day.

i cooked the noodles separately and added it. maybe that removes some starch but not sure. just what i do.
Thanks, Juliana, looks delish!
Looks yummy, will have to try this!
johnsonmum27 wrote: Looks yummy, will have to try this!

Tell us how you go. i find soups quite good on fast days if the weather is appropriate (its been a little chilly here in Sydney lately .. well chilly for this time of year). I think soup is good on fast days cause the stock/bouillon helps fill you up... just like many here have bouillon for lunch on fast days.
This looks great! I am after fasting recipes that aren't just vegetable soup :-)
jennorris1991 wrote: This looks great! I am after fasting recipes that aren't just vegetable soup :-)

I think it would be easy to just eliminate the beef altogether
and substitue with either more or other ingredients or Mushrooms, either the fancy ones like Oyster, dried reconstituted ones from the Asian shops or just plain button mushrooms but not the flat ones.

I love Yummly as it shows you the ingredients before you open the recipe

this link should help you @jennorris1991

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/vegetaria ... oodle-soup
6 posts Page 1 of 1