The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Blueberry chutney
04 Aug 2014, 20:55
Not so sure I would call this a chutney and I am not sure of calories but here goes.

3/4c blueberries in saute pan with shallot and inch grated ginger and small smutch of evoo. You can add a small dash of brown sugar if you must. Cook until it breaks down drizzle in some balsamic vinegar and cook until evaporates. Add a pinch or two of marjoram. Make a slurry of water and TB of cornstarch to thicken sauce.

Very good with pork/steak/chicken. Also, with crostini topped with ricotta and blueberry mixture. :heart:
Re: Blueberry chutney
04 Aug 2014, 21:24
Thanks @clairemarie that sounds wonderful, blueberries and duck, lamb, turkey and even white fish? I'll be experimenting!

Lizbean :grin:
04 Aug 2014, 21:42
I'm daily picking blueberries, the most ever crop this year, leaving them to soak overnight, then eating them raw for a delicious astringent breakfast. Got to be good for me?
07 Aug 2014, 00:50
@Azureblue why do you soak blueberries?
07 Aug 2014, 09:04
Clean them and plump them up to be even more delicious! ;0)
5 posts Page 1 of 1