The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

2 posts Page 1 of 1
So I can't eat squab on a fasting day. So here's what I'm having instead. It's from Delicious Magazine, March 08. page 124 and it has a star on it, so I've made it before and liked it. It comes out at 353 per serve.

This is a recipe to feed 4.

2 tbs, olive oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves
1 dried red chilli,
300 gm of chick peas
400 gm tomatoes
200 gm silver beet
2 slices of sour dough bread.

Cook onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 10 minutes and then add the garlic and the chilli for 5 minutes. Add chick peas, then tomatoes. cook for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.

Cook silver beet in a pan of boiling salted water for a minute until wilted, drain and refresh in cold water to help keep the silver beet a lovely green. Add to soup.

break up the bread and to the soup bit by bit. You can also add water at this point if you think the soup is too thick.

Take off the heat. Add remaining spoon of olive oil and adjust seasoning. Allow to rest with the lid on for 10 minutes for the bread to absorb the flavours.
Yum and just the day for soup I Imagine as it is chilly up here so you would be much colder in your climes, enjoy your soup Sally
2 posts Page 1 of 1