The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey all!
We all love a good naughty food, but know sometimes we need to make more sensible choices, but still want to satisfy the craving...! Any suggestions?

Thought I'd start this thread as I just discovered something genius. Well I think it is. ;)

I LOVE lemon muffins (and all cakes, but particularly lemon ones). Thing is they're normally about 350/400 cals a muffin! Ouch! So today I decided to try Ryvita cracker bread with Sainsburys basics lemon curd: each cracker bread is 19 cals, and each teaspoon of lemon curd is 18 calories! SO 4 cracker breads + 2 tsp lemon curd = less than 120 calories, and I never imagined it'd hit the spot but it totally did! If not cracker bread, 2 original Ryvita is about 70 cals ! :)

Another: craving salty crisps, try salty popcorn( maybe make it at home, even fewer cals than ready packaged!) :)

Any others guys? I'd really appreciate suggestions being a huge lover of snacks :)
Hope this post is helpful!! :) xx
Some say certain genders crave X too much, and most here would appreciate a few more Zs.

I generally avoid snacks having discovered that it's bad form to wake the sugar dragon. Am curious about what lemon curd is, however.
ADF, lemon curd is a sweet spread made with lemons, eggs, butter and sugar. It is creamy in texture and zesty in flavour and utterly delicious! Especially home-made. You can also make curd with other sharp flavoured fruit - orange, passion fruit etc.

Here in the UK we usually spread it on bread or use it in cake fillings.

Here is a recipe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lemon_curd_68499
Ive recently got into 'sesame snaps' they are a little sugary but other than that just pure sesame seeds in a bar! And you can have one or have all 3 in the pack theyre tiny & you can get them with yoghurt on them too.

Around 150 calories for a whole pack i believe..im not food boffin but i think they must be doing something good for me! Protein? :)
I'm currently going a month with no sugar, which for a sweet tooth like me is excruciating. A snack I've had - which isn't low calorie, just not sugar filled - is greek yoghurt with cashews, chia, sunflower, pepita seeds stirred through. I've also sliced banana through (which of course sweetens it mmmm sweet mmmm). All good for you though, so great for a non fast day.
Orr..sweetbeetroot! Really cheap and comes ready cooked (not the stuff in vinegar)

Put it in a salad with a bit of feta or just have it on its own...same with pickled gherkins/manderins! Always takes my sweet cravings away!
6 posts Page 1 of 1