The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fish Tacos
06 May 2014, 08:34
Hello!

I didn't work out the calories for this as it only really occurred to me it might be a good fast day dinner after I'd blogged about it

(the post was originally for a challenge I was set by Morrisons to blog about our May bank holiday meals)

http://imcountingufoz.com/recipes/cevic ... tacos-8945

But if you like cod, then you might like to give this a try. Looking online, it looks like a 140g fillet of cod is around 120cals, and the rest is made up of salads (including avocado - but you could leave this out if it came out too high in cals). There is creme fraiche in there, but it was half fat, and you could leave it out.

All in all this was a very fresh tasting, clean meal. And really really good.
Re: Fish Tacos
06 May 2014, 21:48
Sounds and looks delish. Try adding a thin line of yellow mustard along the bottom before the fillings go in.
07 May 2014, 06:38
Ooooh good call! Thanks :)
07 May 2014, 06:43
looks great. should we be worried about the calories in Tortilla wraps. I had some giant ones the other day and one only came in at 250 calories.

Wonder if on a plate putting in all the ingredients and the salsa on the side is a more "lean" low cal option.

As i don't eat much at all for breakfast or lunch in a fast day, i feel i wouldnt need to omit the wrap which is exactly why i limit calorie intake in any time between waking and 7pm.
07 May 2014, 06:55
That is pretty much why I live off mint or rooibos tea all day and then have a dinner :)

I think one small wrap is about 90 cals. So it would definitely be leaner to make a bigger salad and pile the fish on top.

I did exactly that but with leftover pork yesterday. Big salad, a few hot strips of pork which I'd sprinkled with paprika and garlic granules. It was lovely. I even put avocado in the salad as I knew I'd only have a maximum of 1/5 of it!

If not, this would also make a lovely feast day meal - with no restrictions.
07 May 2014, 07:04
imcountingufoz wrote: That is pretty much why I live off mint or rooibos tea all day and then have a dinner :)

I think one small wrap is about 90 cals. So it would definitely be leaner to make a bigger salad and pile the fish on top.

I did exactly that but with leftover pork yesterday. Big salad, a few hot strips of pork which I'd sprinkled with paprika and garlic granules. It was lovely. I even put avocado in the salad as I knew I'd only have a maximum of 1/5 of it!

If not, this would also make a lovely feast day meal - with no restrictions.

Love your leftover pork ides.. It's so easy to be healthy isn't it.

Jamie Oliver in his 30 minute meal book has tonnes of those kinds of one plate salads with a lovely dressing on top and just a bit of meat on top. Ive tried a few and they are great. Love his style.
07 May 2014, 15:29
Being far less fat-conscious than before getting skinny(er), frying corn tortillas in coconut oil until medium to deep brown adds amazing flavor and crunch.

Doing it with flour tortillas (flipping after the first few seconds) to a lighter brown will puff the tortilla like a balloon so that it can be stuffed.
7 posts Page 1 of 1