The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Sallyo wrote: I just made a yummy leek quiche. Bake the pastry case blind; scatter feta cheese over; add leeks, sweated in butter; pour over eggs and cream; bake half an hour. Serve with a green
salad. Perfect! These were Spring leeks, grown over the winter, but no snow here.

yummmo. great idea for my next feast day.
mmmm leeks. I love them just sweated in butter, just as a side veggie. The unhealthy version involves melting Stilton over it.

In Japan, their version of leek (negi) is put on sticks with chicken and grilled. It's called negima. It's one of the classic yakitori. It's my favorite.
Fry leeks gently with garlic. Separately fry halloumi cheese (try not to eat it all before the meal :wink: ). Make a spicy tomato salsa. Cook some rice, and combine the leeks and halloumi, place on the rice and pour over the salsa. Enjoy!!
You lucky person JM53. Leek and lentil bake was my saving grace to survive when I first started fasting as a low cal meal
Here is recipe:
1/3 cup brown lentils cooked to tender with a fresh bay leaf drain toss bay leaf
Into a small baking dish
Add to half a leek white part washed cut into rings and lentils
Add 1/2 cup veggie stock and 1/2 lemon juice
Cover with foil and bake until leek softens
Add crumbled goat cheese and sprinkle over chopped fresh herbs like chives and tiny thyme leaves and grind over some pepper
Bung back into the over to brown
The leek gets crispy it tastes devine and is about 180 cals but a very chewy tasty meal
Bon appetite
I'm making this tonight, and remembered this thread:

http://www.marthastewart.com/336988/lee ... ter=276955
20 posts Page 2 of 2