The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello all,

I'm very new to the forums so sorry if this has already been posted - I did do a quick search and nothing came up, so hopefully not!

I found a really wonderful blog filled with heaps of recipes for suitable for 5:2 fast days. The recipes all involve the use of whole foods and so these would be great for someone who enjoys cooking and perhaps wants to avoid or reduce processed food intake on fast days. Here's the link:

http://thepaddingtonfoodie.com/the-5-2-challenge/

The author has very helpfully divided up the recipes into under 400, 300, 200, and 100 calories per serving, so it's easy to navigate. There are also lovely photos too!

I've not tried any yet, but I love the look of the egg omelette and nori rolls filled with salad, the rice paper rolls, the pork larb salad... can't wait to try these out!

Sorry again if you all already know about this blog (it did come up quite high on Google when I was searching for 5:2 recipes), but I thought I'd post the link in case anyone hadn't discovered it already and would enjoy it :)
Have added it to my favourites to look at later, thank you!
I hadn't seen this and it looks great. Thanks for posting the link.
Many thanks for this @enileme - have added it to my favourites :smile: :heart:
Thanks @enileme They look great have saved it into my 5:2 recipe file and will take a look later. :heart: Sue
Wow, what an amazing blog!
Thank enileme, that's a fantastic blog, am planning to do the steak & spicy caponata dish sometime soon, it seems so decadent for a fast day!
Hiya

Not seen this before but it looks very good. I am trying to get myself back into the swing of things and being more vigilant after gaining quite a few pounds since Christmas, so this will be a good easy way to stick to my 500cals without too much faffing about adding things up.

Thanks for posting!
Alot of care has been taken over this blog. How lovely. It's good to get some new inspirations. I have left her a nice message to see if she comes and sees us here :like:
Oh that looks great, thanks for that. Will have a more in depth look...when I'm not fasting! :confused:

Bean :starving:
Oooh there's some really mouthwatering stuff there :) thanks enileme :like:
I am going to make the Low Calorie Chicken Parmigiana tomorrow for dinner as it's a fast day.
Thank you to Karen for her lovely message. Coincidentally it is exactly a year today since I first viewed Michael Mosley's inspirational documentary Eat,Fast and Live Longer and began posting 5-2 fast day recipes on my blog The Paddington Foodie. As a consummate lover of anything food related my personal challenge has been to discover how far I could stretch just 500 calories each fast day to produce vibrant, delicious plates of food I would want to eat.A year on I'm definitely a devotee. It's humbling to receive so much positive feedback and good to know you are enjoying my posts. Good luck to all and hope your 5-2 journeys are as rewarding as mine.
oooh, so many things for me to try make, faved it to peruse at length later! :D
16 posts Page 1 of 2