The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Low calorie pudding!
12 Mar 2014, 03:07
Was wanting something sweet, and figured I'd wait until tomorrow to have it. But... I have 100 cals to spare, and realized I could make pudding! Had totally forgotten about this recipe until today!

2 cups liquid (I used 1 cup water, 1 cup soy milk)
2 tsp agar powder
Soak agar in liquid for 5 mins, then bring to a boil and simmer about 5 mins. Let cool in fridge.
Once cooled and solid, throw it in the food processor along with whatever flavorings and blend. You now have pudding :)
I divided it into 4 servings, and only mixed up one serving with cocoa powder and stevia to taste. That way I can change the flavorings without having to make a whole separate batch. So my base was 38 cals a serving + cocoa powder at 10 cals. Not bad :)
Re: Low calorie pudding!
12 Mar 2014, 03:10
Agar is not a common item to have on hand. Do you cook gluten free?
Re: Low calorie pudding!
12 Mar 2014, 03:26
Not specifically. I do make use of different flours, but don't make a conscious effort to avoid gluten. Agar can often be found in Asian groceries, and I'm fortunate that my local grocery has it in the bulk section. I suppose gelatin could be used, but I'm not sure how it would impact the calorie count, and I avoid animal products.
3 posts Page 1 of 1