The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Maggis so tender chicken
05 Feb 2014, 15:18
I was wondering if anyone has used the Maggis oh so tender paprika.
Its paper that has flavors on it you wrap your chicken in it and cook it in a dry pan. I was trying to work out the calorie content with it to see if i can have it on a fast day to spice up my chicken but when i put it in my fitness pal it comes up twice once at 386 calories and another one at 164 calories, now that 386 is also the figure on the packet. It has 4 sheets in it and tells u to cook 4 breast of chicken with it so do you divide that figure by 4 but if u did that figure would be too low. so its 386 for one chicken breast using the papyrus papers. I think i just answered my own question lol
Re: Maggis so tender chicken
05 Feb 2014, 15:31
Or it could be 386 is just the flavor u divide that by 4 and then add the chicken breast..... oh i give up i will stick with my plain chicken lol
05 Feb 2014, 17:03
I can't see the flavouring being 386 cals per portion. And a chicken breast is dependant on its weight. Can you re-read the packet. If it's dry fried, there's no added fat or oil. I'm baffled too.
05 Feb 2014, 17:21
Thanks for your reply. The packet says 386 cal per serving lol i have included a link to the packet. I would love to use this cos it really is lovely and tasty and so simple as i am the worst cook ever.

http://www.maggi.co.uk/Range/So-Tender/Paprika-Chicken/

Thanks again
Caroline
4 posts Page 1 of 1