The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Made this tonight.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/ ... eview=true
the yoghurt option turns it into Turkish

ive often made salads like this but this ia a particularly good one and great for fast days.

anyone have a guess at the calories based on the ingredients
I'm a Brit and don't use "cups" as a normal measurement, but that sounds like a heck of a lot of oil!? I absolutely love harissa though. We have a variety on sale here called rose harissa by belazu and that is totally yummy. It soumds like a nice recipe to adapt though, thanks.
Yeah i guess for fast day cut that oil in half. im a bit of a non measurer in kitchen unless im doing a souffle or sponge cake (which is rare).. i probably ended up using less than what they said. there was none left over tonight. but then again ive been ravenous all day so theres usually not much leftovers on a fast days evening meal. Had a huge serve of the carrot salad with freshly sprouted alfalfa and cress sprouts, left over bbq chicken (no skin), steamed broccoli and cauliflower and the mandatory 5 boiled quail eggs each from my hens. im excited. picking up 6 new quail babies tomorrow morning. That'll make 17 quail!. hope they will like their new home.
I keep chickens. One of those eggs is enough for me :-)
I only have three hens, and they are all in moult at the moment. One looks particularly sorry for herself, poor thing.
1 chicken egg is about 5 quail egg though my quail have been known to give me giant double yolkers weighing 17g when official average is 13g. see pics.

i think i know the quail giving me those. kind of a "giant"

would love to get chickens even just one but have to convince the better half :frown:
Will check out that recipie.
Super quails eggs pictures. Thanks
We have two chooks. Just over a year old now. Much more interesting than our cats and fishes. At least they earn their keep. Haven't bought an egg since Christmas. Don't they look funny when in moult, especially when the wind plumps up their feathers.
I had a whopper from my Barnevelder a while back: it weighed 100g(!), and was a double yolker. She normally lays aound 50-60g eggs.
i always think those big ones must hurt the poor hens. i think it can damage them too from what i read. none of my quail are visible in pain so who knows.

Speaking of quail. woke up at 6am this morning to go and collect my 6 new babies. here they are in transit to their new quail paradise (our home), i call it paradise as their home includes full free ranging in a very large enclosure equipped with their sandpit corner and constant supply of feed including greens from the garden and one of their favourite treats. fresh corn kernel and when its raining, snails i collect from the garden in the evenings.
8 posts Page 1 of 1