1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 large egg
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
1 dash garlic powder
1 dash onion powder
1 dash salt

Directions:
Drain tuna. Blend all ingredients in a medium size bowl and form into 4 patties. Fry in cooking spray until brown on edges. Turn. Fry until done.

These are VERY GOOD and creamy! Takes away the "fishy" flavor of the tuna. Fry up extras to refrigerate for snacks or quick lunches later. I have this with a bit of broccoli.

Recipe serves four. Per serving: 284 calories, 32 grams protein, 15 grams fat (3 saturated) and 4 grams carbohydrate.
Re: Parmesan Tuna Patties
23 Aug 2013, 13:37
Sounds delicious but seems like a lot of calories per serving? Is this calculated using tuna packed in oil or water?

I did a quick calculation using tuna packed in water and not considering the oil to fry it up, I came up with not more than 145 cals per serving.
23 Aug 2013, 13:48
Not sure. I have made it before from a website. I never double checked the calories. I would double check then before making. If you use tuna in water, spray for cooking, low-fat mayo, and egg substitute, you ca decrease the calories. I guess you get more to eat then- bonus!!
23 Aug 2013, 13:55
I just calculated on mfp with a real egg and lowfat mayo. I did not count spices. I got 285 for the whole entire recipe.
23 Aug 2013, 14:02
Thanks, When I gave guessitmate above with tuna packed in water, I didn't look up calories for flaxseed meal or the cheese and gave those generous values and that's how I came with max 145 cal/portion.

With your current calculation of 285 for whole recipe, this is definitely a tasty fast day idea. :star: :)
24 Oct 2013, 12:45
We are having this tonight, what did people have with it? Was thinking cous cous perhaps...
24 Oct 2013, 12:55
I tend to avoid couscous on fast days - I think it'd be nice with a big salad - cucmber, tomatoes, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
7 posts Page 1 of 1