The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all! I wanted to share this cos I was so happy with it :) Hope you guys will be too!
The following has made me 2 portions.

4 sainsburys basics tomatoes
1/4 of an onion and 1 garlic clove
3/4 mushrooms
8/10ish olives ( used morrisons chili ones)
1/4 a red pepper
salt and pepper
squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lime

I chopped everything up finely, got my hands in for a good squishing and mixing.
The calories in half of the above (1 serving) is 96 cals!!
So i had it with 4 pieces of 'Morrisons baked by us' wholemeal bread, which added to 368 cals. Was v yummy and refreshing :) and you could obviously have it with something other than bread/ less than 4 pieces hehe.

Please let me know if you give it a go/ make any changes! xx
I don't like olives, so they would have to go. I would add some diced cucumber and some onion of some form. plus of course a bit of chilli.
Hi, I make something very similar which also has red onion, capers, chilli, lots of basil and a little red pesto. My partner eats his with pasta or gnocchi, whilst I have it as it comes. The flavours are very strong and not to everyone's taste, but I love it.
Great ideas, both. Woops I did use onion and garlic, i'll edit that x
I love mushrooms, but not raw, so I'd leave those out.
Like all the above suggestions, plus a little fresh chopped coriander (cilantro) or parsley.
Sounds lovely, with added chilli and coriander. It would be really nice on some grilled fish or prawns!
It's also amazing with corn tortilla chips :-) I love fresh salsa! Definitely needs some chili and coriander/cilantro to make me happy though.
7 posts Page 1 of 1