The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Roasted Veggie Egg Muffins
18 Jun 2015, 17:31
Roasted Veggie Egg Muffins (photo below) - This is a Hungry Girl recipe

1/6th of recipe (2 muffins): 122 calories, 3g fat, 384mg sodium, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 15.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

These li'l guys are so tasty, you'll wanna enjoy 'em all day long. And why not? They make a great snack!

Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped zucchini
1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
2 1/2 cups egg whites or liquid egg substitute, or maybe a real egg !!
2 tbsp. fat-free plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (Don't have to use reduced fat, for all those who like the real thing!!)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet and a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.

Lay veggies on the baking sheet, evenly spaced. Season with salt and black pepper.

Bake for 10 minutes.

Stir/rearrange veggies. Bake until softened and lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.

Remove baking sheet from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk egg whites/substitute with Greek yogurt until mostly smooth. Stir in cheese, basil, and cooked veggies.

Evenly distribute mixture among the cups of the muffin pan. (Cups will be full.)

Bake until firm and cooked through, about 20 minutes.

MAKES 6 SERVINGS
untitled.png
untitled.png (153.69 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
Re: Roasted Veggie Egg Muffins
11 Sep 2016, 15:58
This recipe looks great , i think i'll give it a try , thanks
http://dessertshome.com
Re: Roasted Veggie Egg Muffins
11 Sep 2016, 21:06
obalouafi wrote: This recipe looks great , i think i'll give it a try , thanks

Welcome to the forum, please head on to the introduce yourself forum and let the members know all about you. You will get a warm welcome I'm very sure.
3 posts Page 1 of 1