The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Smoothie Recipes wanted
02 Aug 2015, 21:21
Hi all, I have just bought a blender and wondered if there are any favourite smoothie recipes you could share with me please. Especially ones for a picky eater. No bananas if possible!
Thank you x
Re: Smoothie Recipes wanted
04 Aug 2015, 21:02
Avocado, mango or pineapple, mint (not too much), cucumber, celery and spinach. Water if needed
Berries with yogurt and water or coconut water. I add almonds to mine. Add honey if not sweet enough.
04 Aug 2015, 23:50
Lately I've been doing 1 cup of almond/coconut milk, 1 cup of Greek yogurt, a handful of spinach, 1 TBSP raw cacao, 1 TBSP ground flaxseed, and 1 cup of blueberries. Yummy and nutritious and it'll fill you up for a few hours.
05 Aug 2015, 00:57
nutribullet2.jpg

I got myself a nutribullet earlier in the year and I do lots of nutriblasts as they call them. Will probably do them more frequently when it gets warmer here in Sydney

http://www.nutriliving.com has tonnes of recipes plus calorie values

this is one i do often though i also like to use goji berries, and raw cacao powder in mine plus if i am brave, spinach or kale
===============
Prunes
Rockmelon
Rolled oats
Flaxseed meal
Banana
coconut greek yoghurt
Almond Milk
Cardoman seeds
Ice
05 Aug 2015, 04:50
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
nutribullet2.jpg

I got myself a nutribullet earlier in the year and I do lots of nutriblasts as they call them. Will probably do them more frequently when it gets warmer here in Sydney

http://www.nutriliving.com has tonnes of recipes plus calorie values

this is one i do often though i also like to use goji berries, and raw cacao powder in mine plus if i am brave, spinach or kale
===============
Prunes
Rockmelon
Rolled oats
Flaxseed meal
Banana
coconut greek yoghurt
Almond Milk
Cardoman seeds
Ice

Love my nutribullet too @juliana.rivers. Use it for grinding coffee and making bulletproof coffee, soups as well as salad dressings (cashew nut 'ranch'), and of course smoothies!
05 Aug 2015, 14:32
I have the Ninja and it has these self-serve cups that you blend in. It's pretty convenient and quick. And why so scared of spinach @Juliana.Rivers? You literally cannot even taste it. All it does is turn your smoothie into another color. lol. I have yet to try kale, but that's my next experiment :)
09 Aug 2015, 11:38
SammyIAm wrote: I have the Ninja and it has these self-serve cups that you blend in. It's pretty convenient and quick. And why so scared of spinach @Juliana.Rivers? You literally cannot even taste it. All it does is turn your smoothie into another color. lol. I have yet to try kale, but that's my next experiment :)

I guess i have to get my head around those bright green smoothies i see in mags and if you only add a bit you get brown unless you add a strong color like from blueberries or raspberries or beetroot.
Ive got as far as one or 2 leaves of kale or spinach in my 1 serve nutriblast.
7 posts Page 1 of 1