The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

13 posts Page 1 of 1
New recipe on my blog for a curry sauce at just 166kcal per serving, leaving you plenty of calories for some meat/veg with the sauce as well as a side of rice or similar!

http://www.the52dietplan.com/fast-day-curry-sauce/
:heart: Thanks for that @moogie sounds amazing I'm out tonight for the real thing but will try this one soon :heart:
That looks and sounds tasty. I will try it next month (I am still trying to empty the freezer of the Christmas overspend).
Thanks,
Have missed your receipies by the way. Always trust them given that you're an expert. :oops:
Haha, thanks @carieoates but I'm no expert! I just know what I like and try to adapt it or squeeze it into a fast day somehow :)

Must post up my spinach & ricotta pasta dish sometime too :)
Yum! Thanks!
That looks and sounds great - will be sure to give it a try as we both love a nice curry!
Looks tasty ! I can feel another batch curry coming on !

Can you get all the pastes from the supermarkets ?
Ah-haaaa.... it's here too... I've just asked on FB which brand of tandoori and tikka pastes you use. Also - how many servings do you get from the curry sauce? It looks absolutely delish... I'm going to have to try it so I want to get the right ingredients and right portion size... thank you :)
Looks like Patak do them but would like to know if the jars have to be used up say in a few weeks ? Not all supermarkets do them all either.

Don't mind buying from a spice house, but not if they have to be used up in two weeks !
I use the Pataks ones and I can get most of them at my local supermarkets (which is surprising for a small town like Weymouth) although I didn't know that when I started making them and ordered a batch online, worked out the same sort of price even with the postage so wasn't too bad. I've kept them in the cupboard for ages (yes, not even the fridge) and never had a problem with them. I don't use them regularly and the Kashmiri masala is still the same one I bought in the first place, still good & still open. I guess the trick is to always use a clean spoon so you don't contaminate the jars with anything like the yogurt which might go off.

The curry sauce gives 4 good servings, actually you could probably push it to 5. When reduced the yield is around 900g, so 225g of sauce (a good helping) per person. You could bulk it out with chickpeas or similar. Actually I used to make this for a lunch and just throw in chickpeas, spinach etc.

I didn't always put tomatoes in there but I find they add to the bulk, improve the colour and give a bit more nutrition to the dish ;)
Great, thanks Moogie.

This is now a defo to buy. Will now make a list of the ingredients, can feel a batch cook coming on the weekend :)
Doh! As I feared... my little town's Sainsburys didn't have the tandoori paste and only the tikka masala paste. I shall have to wait until I visit one of the bigger branches *sigh*
13 posts Page 1 of 1