The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

3 posts Page 1 of 1
My wife and I have been on 5:2 since watching the Horizon programme (with a 6 week break over Christmas when we both had a drawn out cold).
We experimented with various food stuffs - Weight Watchers etc but have found the following a God send.
We have a house in North France and spend a 1/3 to 1/2 our time there and initially took over lots of low cal. food, not expecting to find much there.
Totally wrong! There is a large range of microwavable (non-frozen so 2 mins) prepared meals - some very low cal. Examples are Sanglier (boar) stew 343 cals, Porc Dijonnaise 252, Lapin Aux 2 Moutardes 274 etc. etc. These meals have a shelf life of 18 months or so, so we import them. (Hint for your hols or booze trips to France.)
One problem we had was 'moping up' sauces. Initially used WW wraps but suddenly realised that far better (nicer, tastier) are chapaties. We have always made these ourselves and its easy to get a mixture of sizes to match the cals required. (And the dough freezes.)
Talking of Asian food: my favorite curry is Mushroom, Prawn and Spinach. The enormous heap of this I have for under 340 cals is quite embarrassing!
Also Tesco's Low Choice soups - from Spicy Lentil 66 cals to Chinese Chicken Noodle 43.
Dont get me wrong - we are not fanatics but its working - well the loosing weight bit is (over 20 lbs each). I will even, sometimes, have a pint of beer for lunch on a fast day - I assume 200 cals.
Hello, Your French ready meals sound yummy, I usually dislike all "diet food", especially WW, which I find repellant, but you make these meals sound delish - maybe it's your French :wink: Great weight loss btw and you've been on it long enough to hopefully feel some of the health benefits? Nice to have you on board. How many calories in a small chapatti - I love them..
Standard size chapatti approx 6" (15cm) across 100 cals. Normally make up the dough into balls half that size so 50 cal and freeze. Then use a single or double up.
Difficult to say about other health benefits but I used to have mild gout about every month or so - since fasting thats certainly changed to 3 months.
I also run for 80/90 mins every couple of days and can say that the fasting does not loose me energy - though have to admit Im slow (silver runners never come first).
Did I mention: Saumon Oselle 325, Parmentier de Canard 276, Moussaka 239 ....
3 posts Page 1 of 1