The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Roast Portabello mushrooms
23 May 2013, 08:31
I have adapted an idea someone posted and I can't find the thread to acknowledge who it was so apologies! I can't believe that 1 of these mushrooms has under 50 calories.

Made this last night for dinner and it was very satisfying and tasty:

Top 3 (yes 3 big ones!) mushrooms with halved cherry tomatoes, drizzle of balsamic vinegar and crumbled 30g of feta cheese. Spray of oil on base of each to stop sticking to baking tray. Bake @ 200c for about 15 mins.

Total calories by my calculation 255.

Will definitely make this again :smile:
Re: Roast Portabello mushrooms
24 May 2013, 10:04
Sounds yummy, I'm going to try this thank you!
24 May 2013, 10:58
They are a fantastic filler. 100grams =16 cals, that's about 2 medium sized mushrooms. I roast as you describe with a touch of garlic from a jar, cherry toms and basil with spray olive oil and use as a side dish. Yummy and about 40 calories.
25 May 2013, 12:46
I made these for brunch today. Thank you to 4flipsake and Lisa. I couldn't get portabella, so I used large forestiere with cherry tomatoes, garlic and olive oil spray, really lovely.
27 Apr 2014, 12:16
Bump
27 Apr 2014, 14:10
Reads like a very yummy bump @wendy darling must try :smile:
6 posts Page 1 of 1