The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi Bronny, hi all, I somehow missed this thread!

I'm a vegan too-on fast days I only eat 1 meal in the evening, I generally eat soups, stir frys, curries, salads in the summer, basically plenty of veggies, some form of protein like beans or lentils or tofu, and as few carbs as possible. I don't drink milk in tea or coffee, but have you tried a flavoured tea like roibos? A friend who is trying to become vegan now drinks that as she doesn't like any other vegan milks and she can't drink regular tea without it. Otherwise I love hazelnut milk, and it's fewer calories than you'd think.

So my meal plan on my last fast day was:
Breakfast-black coffee
Lunch-nothing (sometimes I have miso soup or marmite in hot water)
Dinner-pad thai with a small portion of rice noodles (zero noodles would have been better!) Lots of veggies and a small portion of tofu, I made the sauce myself (water, soy sauce, tamarind paste, agave, lime, garlic). I even had a piece of freezer fudge after!

Hope that helps!
Hello and welcome to the forums Bron!
I'm veggie, don't do tomatoes and eat quite a bit of eggs and cheese. So my menus won't be of much help to you!
Yesterday- a feed day- my main meal was quorn pieces, pepper (capsicum) and onion in flatbread like a fajita- think that' vegan. And it was good! I used a bit of smoked paprika and ground cumin to season. Yum and I think would come within the 500cals.
Can thoroughly recommend breadandwine's website (even though I'm not vegan!)
Good luck with this WoE, shout for info/support and do let us know how you get on
:clover:
Hi Bron

Welcome to the forum and to this WOL! Always nice to see another vegan on board. :like:

Thanks for the plug, janeg! How're you doing these days? :)

Nicky's tips are excellent - if you can survive all your fast day on minimum calories you've got more for the evening meal. These days I just have either warm water or coffee when I'm fasting. Sometimes I'll follow that with a low-cal dinner - other times I'll eat a normal dinner, since I'm maintaining now and occasionally I'll fast for a complete day. My advice would be to take things gently and ease your way into longer fasts. That's certainly what I did in the beginning, going down to only half my calories two days a week - and I still lost weight.

ATB! B&W
I'm cool thanks B&W, still 5;2ing (well 4:3ing) diving and not eating tomatoes! Got a sourdough started on the go just now along with a ginger beer one- getting quite domesticated in between working
Hope life is still being good to you
19 posts Page 2 of 2