The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
I know the food related ones! Of course :razz: !
Have heard of EasterParades and Morris Dancing and also,bizarrely,have heard of the Bacup Coconut Dancers..but the others - noooooo i am baffled by them! X
I like simnel cake!! I note that some of them are fairly recent inventions though, I wonder why, or maybe they were reviving of ancient traditions. The English are a weird lot!!
The bottle kicking looks like fun! Unfortunately mine are also the food related ones.

cheers
Maggie
Yes, I knew all the food related ones !!! Of course !!!
Thought i'd bump this one,seein as how its Easter again!
What ive seen this Easter
..people out in their front garden decorating a tree with Easter-y decorations
An Easter wreath on a front door
Easter crackers and Easter trees on sale in the shops
AND Easter cards seem to be getting more popular every year !
image.jpg
Easter Greetings!~ xx
image.jpg (2.59 KiB) Viewed 547 times
@CandiceMarie what a great memory you have for former threads!
I hold up my hand, as a youngster I rolled my eggs at Avenham Park
http://calendarcustoms.com/articles/preston-egg-rolling/. Great fun it was :wink:
I've not heard of Maypoles at Easter and not orange rolling, but cheese and egg rolling, yes.
We have a family tradition of egg painting. This year's contenders included Richard III in his car park grave, the solar eclipse and Einstein amongst others
DSCF1372 (2) small.jpg
DSCF1372 (2) small.jpg (126.92 KiB) Viewed 490 times
10 posts Page 1 of 1