The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Baby It's Cold Outside
20 Nov 2014, 03:46
Sending a shout out to all the Northeast US people. Fasting is tough in the below freezing weather, and exercise well nigh impossible, when the snow is piled against your front door.
@Tracieknits, @BruceE, @Jeninboston, @Peebles, @cblasz, @Marybeth, any others - hope you're doing okay, and looking ahead to better weather!
Re: Baby It's Cold Outside
20 Nov 2014, 04:37
keep warm out there.
20 Nov 2014, 07:17
Just saw the the six foot of snow of the news.
Take care everyone.
20 Nov 2014, 07:33
I've just been reading about the massive snowfalls in the northern US and Canada. Scary! I hope you're all ok over there. Keep safe everyone.
20 Nov 2014, 11:58
We are fine in northeastern NY, just a wee bit chilly for the season, but highs around 0c/32F - we'll get warmer on Saturday :-)
20 Nov 2014, 12:22
Thanks! Luckily, I'm in CT and not part of that mess!! It's a little chilly here right now, but that's it!
20 Nov 2014, 14:39
Thanks, wendyjane, and everyone. Here in South-Central NY we've escaped any measurable snow fall, but temps for the last few days have been 20 degrees (F) below normal for November--it's been more like February. A warming trend is supposed to start today reaching a daytime high of 60 F by Monday. Another 2 feet of snow predicted for the Buffalo area (far western portion of the state) today on top of the 5 feet they already have.

@judithn up there in Ottawa, hope you are doing well--what's the snow and temp situation?

Hope all is going well for all our Northeastern forum friends. :clover: :clover:
20 Nov 2014, 16:04
Here in Mn we only have 17 inches from our last snow storm. But it has been cold for November! We are warming up to 8*F today. But this weekend it is going to warm up to 32*F.. it will feel like a heat wave!
20 Nov 2014, 18:50
Thinking of anyone in that bitter weather - stay safe

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
21 Nov 2014, 02:37
Thanks @Marybeth for your concern. Somehow we avoided the "Snowmageddon" that fell on Buffalo. Usually we are in the pipeline for the same walloping but just got a dusting. And although the temperatures are a seasonal -3 or -4C (high 20's in Fahrenheit) I feel very wimpy and as cold as if it were -20C. Can you tell I hate winter, especially since it arrives about a month before the calendar says so and leaves a month late :curse: I am sure our time is coming though, it's unavoidable :frown:
21 Nov 2014, 05:27
HOT HOT HOT here
40 degrees or thereabouts in Sydney - or 104 degrees in fahrenheit terms
major heatwave on http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-21/s ... sw/5908182

probably where i should be right now.. Bondi beach not in front of a computer
beach.jpg
beach.jpg (166.03 KiB) Viewed 274 times
21 Nov 2014, 10:48
All those sweaty, red bodies on the beach? No thanks!!
You are welcome to some of my 44 up here, I'll trade! I saw the snow on the news, horrendous, especially the accompanying thunderstorms.
Keep safe all.
21 Nov 2014, 11:22
:shock: Good grief! Such extreme weather everywhere. 8*C here in the mid UK today, and very grey dark and still.
Take care my friends. They say there's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothes! (Wrong of course :0))
21 Nov 2014, 12:28
We missed the snow but not the cold. But my poor son in Ohio got a load of it and it has really slowed the traffic to his restaurant. He is driving here next week, and usually goes through Buffalo, but probably not this time. Even if it warms up, 7 feet of snow won't melt in just a few days.
14 posts Page 1 of 1