The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Daughter's Hair Shave
03 Jun 2015, 18:29
Following comments I made on another thread and the interest therein I decided to show you pictures of my daughter.

Some time ago Jen who is 14 years old decided she wanted to have her hair shaved off for charity. She decided on a local children's charity called CHAS - Children's Hospice Association Scotland. They have two hospices in Scotland for end of life care for sick kids. Her hair is also being sent to The Princess Trust who make wigs for children with cancer. The deed was done on Saturday. She says that her head feels like velcro and she is now wearing a hat to bed :grin: .

Here are her before and after pics -

Jen before.jpg

I am immensely proud of her especially as she has raised around £1200 for charity.
Jen after 1.jpg
Jen after 1.jpg (36.83 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Re: Daughter's Hair Shave
03 Jun 2015, 18:46
Goodness me, what an amazing girl you have there! An incredibly selfless thing to do and I have to say that Jen looks absolutely fabulous in both pictures!

I'm sure you are bursting with pride, dear buddy. Thank you for the pics and a big pat on the back to Jen xx
03 Jun 2015, 19:52
WoM that is one brave and selfless child you have there. And she pulls off the shaved look really well! Most impressed and I bet you are one proud mum xx
03 Jun 2015, 19:59
No wonder you are proud of her. Is there a way to make a donation@wildmissus?
03 Jun 2015, 20:06
@Merlin, Jen has got a 'just giving page' -

https://www.justgiving.com/Jennifer-Evans12

Thank you so much.
03 Jun 2015, 23:51
WM she looks wonderful both ways
What a great kid!
Good idea @merlin..i'll go to that page too x
04 Jun 2015, 03:13
Fantastic, @wildmissus she is beautiful with and without hair. I have visited her page and donated for her cause.
04 Jun 2015, 11:32
Wow! Beautiful inside and out.
Obviously takes after her mam :wink:
04 Jun 2015, 14:28
Thank you so so much for your donations. I have been blown away by everyone's generosity, it has certainly restored my faith in human kind.
04 Jun 2015, 14:33
Its your DD who's the generous one WM! X
I think at only 14 yrs of age,she sets a great example x
10 posts Page 1 of 1