The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Everyone OK in the UK? France?
28 Dec 2014, 12:25
Saw on the Australian news reports that you are having lots of snow and blizzards in the UK and other parts of Europe. Are you all ok? Warm and dry? Stay safe.
Oh, bless you :) London and environs are mostly fine (my caveat is because adverse weather elsewhere = rail chaos in London which is selfish but true).

Other parts of the UK are enduring blizzards and much colder temperatures but not here.
There's quite a lot of wind (around 50km/h) here and it's really getting colder but no snow for now
Absolutely nothing in North Cumbria so far except a dusting of snow on the highest bits of the Lake hills and Pennines. We hope to travel to Moffat tomorrow. I followed a gritter on the A686 at teatime.
I'm about 10 miles south of the 'snow line', had a flurry or two that quickly disappeared, but we've seen it on our travels and are keeping to salted roads for safety.
Walks are currently short due to the sharp cold air (such softies) but at least it was sunny bright today :0)
Hi Sallyo,thanks for thinking of us
We had thick snow falling teatime Boxing Day..it looked so lovely,and had vanished by next day! X
All ok here in the frozen north. For once it missed us!
Oooh, had a lovely long walk earlier this afternoon. Blue skies and sunshine, and not too cold. It was glorious in my bit of Lincolnshire.
We had a wee splatter of the White stuff yesterday morning, but alas we have none to speak of now.
Thanks @Sallyo for your concern. We're fine here, lovely sunshine, very crisp air and no snow. I've been outside and worked hard window-cleaning! Good exercise and fresh air.....The brilliant sun showed up the dirty glass and that we're not seeing out as clearly as we should! Now all is sparkling again. There is thick frost in the mornings and we definitely have lower temperatures. Some areas are having a rotten time with suddenly being snowed up.
Every morning for the last week or so we have woken up to the white stuff - not snow but a thick layer of frost. It has been very chilly up here with black ice. The hills look beautiful with the sun shining on the snow and the snow line is quite low. It is that time of year that I'm so glad that we have a wood burning stove.
Bless you, thanks lovely. Bit nippy down here but no sign of snow :(
12 posts Page 1 of 1