The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Loved the 5.2 and moved to 4.3 and lost a stone and n a few months. Then Christmas and the New Year with the loss of my dear mum. Weight just crept back on and cannot regain my old spirit. Has anyone one else coped with this loss and weight gain as a result of bereavement? Or is it another excuse I'm making? Would love to get back on track as like to be in control of fmy diet. Help Jackladx
Most certainly, a number of members here have had to cope with bereavement recently - either a parent or a spouse. But even more members have had problems due to other forms of stress and have also had a regain and trouble getting back on track. I had medical issues I was struggling with. I had the worst time trying to get back to fasting. Really, you just have to decide you want it again. I'm not sure how else to say it. I had to east back to proper fasting in that I started a program with watching what I eat every day -- not necessarily what a 5:2er wants to do or hear. But after I was able to start reining in the eating on a daily basis, I've gotten better at getting back to fasting. I still do about 750 calories instead of 500, but it's a huge improvement for me.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you're able to find your own way to get back on track that works best for you.
Thanks for ur advice. Slow but sure steps xx
So sorry for your loss,don't be to hard on yourself,when your ready you will get back on track
4 posts Page 1 of 1