The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Says who?
12 Oct 2015, 06:04
I've heard many people say to me, "if you don't eat, you won't be at your best... You won't be productive!" Err... Really!? I beg to differ... This is when I'm at my sharpest and most productive! Anyone else finds they are more productive while fasting? Without the distraction of eating, I get more done during the day. Today, I worked six hours in my workshop... Practically uninterrupted. I managed to finish a little woodworking project I've been making over the weekend. It's a turtle box (or is that box-turtle!? LOL!) The wood is camphor laurel. It's a pest in Australia, but the grain is just so beautiful... And the aroma! My shop now smells like a jar of Vick's VapoRub.
Re: Says who?
12 Oct 2015, 14:08
How beautiful and creative, just what I need!
12 Oct 2015, 15:08
Very artistic @Fastidious!

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
12 Oct 2015, 16:40
That is so cute!
12 Oct 2015, 18:51
@Fastidious?! That is truly amazing! Aren't you clever! Oh could you make me one please?!! ;)
I've just finished a fast, the first one in a long time. I'm not sure its good for people with ME but I'm nearly there. It does seem to affect my energy levels though - but I did manage to walk the girls for over an hour today so it can't be that bad!
12 Oct 2015, 19:46
Whilst i dislike going without food, i too love how fasting makes me feel..focused and lighter...
I never feel faint or cold..and only sometimes feel hungry.
I do think folk like me and Beano need to be careful tho with having long term illnesses..
Moderation in all things as the saying goes..
BUT you will never change the minds of those against fasting..they 're right to be cautious but they need to keep their minds open to alternatives ways of being.
TBH i think a lot of peeps feel a bit guilty when we say we're fasting - and it makes them defensive :confused: x
12 Oct 2015, 20:24
Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone! :) This is a gift I am making for a friend's upcoming birthday. Hope she likes it!
@CandiceMarie My hubby is quite apprehensive of my WOE. He's still of the old school of restricting calorie intake 24/7 in order to lose weight. After seeing Mosley's show, reading the book, scrounging info online and trying it out for myself, I find the premise of eating very little once or twice a week, and then normally on other days, to make more sense than to deprive the body of much needed nutrients and energy on every day! That, to me, sounds a bit daft! He did say he was going to keep an open mind about it. Hopefully, I can set the pace with my example.
7 posts Page 1 of 1