The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

19 posts Page 1 of 2
Thank you
24 Dec 2015, 08:49
:rose:

This year has been tough. The toughest, for me, for sure. There comes a time, when, wherever you look, you can’t seem to find the end of the dark tunnel you’re in. This year has been that for me and, even if I am slowly coming back from a very dark place, there’s still a long recovery ahead of me.

Even on my own, even when I went away in my “woman cave”, I always knew you were here for me if I needed to talk and, because of that, I never felt abandoned. Thank you. Thank you so much. Because of you I kept my sanity and kept fighting. Because of your kindness and your word, I didn’t let go of the hope it will get better.

I wish you all the best Holidays possible. If I could make a wish, please do enjoy the time with your family and tell them you love them. Believe me, your life can change in an instant and they deserve to know they are important to you before it’s too late. Don’t take for granted that they know, even if they do know, a reminder is a great gift, maybe even more this time of year.

See you after Christmas for new adventures
Re: Thank you
24 Dec 2015, 09:17
@manderley you have always been a part of our 'extended virtual family' and I do hope you find your new year full of promise and happiness xx
24 Dec 2015, 14:46
@manderley. Let's be confident that 2016 turns out to be a better year and you can look forward with hope. It's so lovely that we are all together on the forum for years now and there is no need to stay in your woman cave. We are always here for you. :heart:
24 Dec 2015, 20:19
Y'know, my son (twenties) was talking about the rudeness and negativity rampant on the web; I told him, I know ONE place where everyone is wonderful and supportive and we all take care of each other... Here, of course! Ahem...and I told him why: Mostly women, and mostly...older. We didn't grow up with the anonymity of the web to shield us from the consequences of meanness, so we learned some MANNERS before we came here...I think it shows! Younger people, please don't take this as criticism, as much as a suggestion that you think before you post! Think about how YOU'D feel if someone said the same to you...Not that I've seen any trolls here, but always a timely reminder. :bugeyes:
25 Dec 2015, 12:17
@manderly and all others, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. Hope 2016 is great for all with more peace around the world, and for you, I hope you never have to go to your woman's cave again. :clover: :heart: :victory:
26 Dec 2015, 00:04
Big hugs to you sweetie!! I know this week has been a tough week that's been part of a tough year and I hope 2016 brings you a lot of happiness, peace and solutions <3
26 Dec 2015, 11:27
Happy Boxing Day to everyone ! Here we celebrate Christmas Eve, the 26th is a day as usual.

This week has sure been tough but not as much as I thought it could be and I guess I am most "scared" of next week with the year changing and everything. I didn't mind spending Christmas on my own, I did mind, however, going to see my mother as it was just more awful than usual but I won't burden you with the details. Let's just say that I am happy this is over. You are all part of my family for quite some time now and, as kind of a wild one, it's the first time I stay this long anywhere. It will be 3 years in February that I came here for the first time and, ususally, I run away pretty quickly. Even if I went in my woman cave, I came back, which is a huge deal for me. I even learned to use Facebook !!!! You have no idea how much you have helped me these past few years, with my weight, of course, but with how to socialize. Maybe socializing is not the right word as it's still difficult to do it in the "real world" but you know what I mean.

I am thinking of one of our old members, I can't remember her name, who lost her daughter because of that awful illness that is cancer a while back. Losing a parent, even as suddenly as I did, is normal. It's the circle of life. Losing a child shouldn't happen.

Oh and one more thing, I have no idea how this post ended in the lab, I was sure I selected the "non fast diet forum" :shock:
27 Dec 2015, 01:12
I hope that 2016 will be wonderful for you Mands x
Peace & World Love to all xx
27 Dec 2015, 09:29
@Manderley, I moved you over to 'non diet chat'. The member you were talking about was @Gillb, her daughter's name was Jennifer, I often think about her. My daughter's name is also Jennifer and it is her 15th birthday today. I am so grateful that I have my family and we are in good health. I wish you well for 2016.
27 Dec 2015, 10:26
@wildmissus thank you.i remembered Gills name but not her member name
I often think of her too..sending hugs @gillb xx
28 Dec 2015, 08:04
@wildmissus Thank you so much for reminding me her name. I often think about her and hope that she's doing as well as possible. I am better with dates than with names. I can remember something and tell you the exact date of it, it's freaky but names... bah I am really bad with them :confused:

Thank you for putting my thread at the right place as well :wink:
28 Dec 2015, 08:58
Well done on getting through 2015. What a year for you! I am glad we are here for you and you are here for me too. I like seeing your posts on Facebook too. All the very best for 2016.
29 Dec 2015, 17:06
@Manderley i love yr avatar..i smile every time i see it x
13 Jan 2016, 19:32
You are talking of the pic where I am with my beautiful girl in my arms. We had such a love story, I still miss her every day. She saved my life and took care of my dad when he nearly lost his first battle against cancer :heart: Do not worry she and I will be back in a while :cool:
13 Jan 2016, 20:18
Hiiiii @manderley i met the most wonderful little terrier today,aged three
He's safe back home now but went missing for five days and six nights when he was two.
Somehow,he escaped from home and made his way over fields next to a motorway and ended up at a dog training centre several miles away.
That sounds like too much of a coincidence but i am told that he probably followed the scent of dogs and food
til he reached this safe place! He was fed and soon after reunited with his relieved mum,dad and doggy brother!
If only he could speak and tell us more of his adventure..
I love little terriers,they have the heart of lions!
Glad to hear yr pic will be back soon,but Rest In Paradise,David Bowie,gone too soon x
19 posts Page 1 of 2