The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
How's your day 9th March ?
09 Mar 2013, 07:45
Morning
A foggy cold start in Normandy. Another chick hatched last night so now have 3 in the brooder.
Taking Bruno to agility training this afternoon which is good exercise for me and fun. Bruno loves it. We normally go on Wednesdays but a change this week.
Really need to get more plaster board but have to be sure it won't rain as we have an open trailer. Work is progressing well.
This evening I am going to plan this years veggies. After a couple of years practice I am clearer of what works best. Last year was terrible due to weather. My pantry is low on chutneys, jams and bottled fruit.
Will get some baking done too for the freezer to reduce my egg mountain. My girls are laying well already.
Facing snow again next week which makes me feel depressed but hopefully it will not be too much. We have been snowed in twice this year already! New delivery of wood comes on Monday.....all our heating and cooking is done on wood burners. So hope it beats the snow.
What have you planned for today?
Re: How's your day 9th March ?
09 Mar 2013, 08:05
Well its cold and damp in the Scottish Highlands - the start of another cold spell with the possibility of snow next week. I'm off to work today. I work every second Saturday which I don't mind and Saturdays are usually quite. My youngest daughter is having a couple of friends over this afternoon to make cupcakes for their mums for mothers day tomorrow - thank goodness I'm working. While they are doing that my husband will be fitting new sliding mirrored wardrobe doors in her room (or at least that is what he is supposed to be doing). Maybe by the time I get home the housework will be done, the doors will be up, the kitchen will be back to normal and my tea will be ready........ha ha, maybe not! This evening I will probably be a couch potato with a glass of wine.
09 Mar 2013, 09:03
This dark grey cloud is not inspiring me to much, however stuff to do and a grandsons birthday tomorrow on Mothers Day followed by a sons birthday on Monday. Lovely. Have fun everyone :0)
09 Mar 2013, 15:49
Gloomy here in Northumberland too. Bring back spring.

I took my baby pony to Scotland yesterday to boarding school where he is going to learn to be a driving pony. I miss him as he has never been away without me before.

Pottering about today looking after my animals and my B&B guests, catching up on here. The weather is not inspiring is it?
4 posts Page 1 of 1