The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Desert Island Films/TV?
21 Jan 2013, 15:53
Okay, here's anothe3.r getting to know you topic.
Favourite 5?

For me, in no particular order:

1. Marx Brothers
2. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (pref. the radio series but the film was pretty good)
3. Doctor Who
4. House
5. Black Books

(I know tops and favourites can be a bit false because for me it depends on mood but I think that sums up my tastes fairly well)
Re: Desert Island Films/TV?
21 Jan 2013, 21:54
1. The Big Bang Theory
2. Dr Who
3. Moulin Rouge
4. The Green Mile
5. Dirty Dancing

Overall I think this is me, 3 and 5 could change depending on mood.
22 Jan 2013, 08:54
This is sooo hard, I read the topic yesterday and was still thinking about it in bed at 3am. I'm still not 100% decided!

1, This Life - I loved this series and I so wanted Miles to be nicer to Anna!
2, Armistead Maupins Tales Of The City - Another fab series I watched years ago and I managed to get hold of it on DVD and I'm saving it for a rainy day!
3, Lord Of The Rings - Bit of a cheat really as it's 3 films but in our house they come all in one box :)
4, Gone In 60 Seconds - I like the soundtrack!
5, Fight Club - Love this film but I can't watch it with Mr Pixie. He never spots Tyler Durden in the background so I have to keep rewinding bits to show him.

There's so many I've missed out but it's right that it depends on your mood. I'd like to have the box sets of Thundercats, Trapdoor and Battle of the planets as well.

I love Schindlers List, it's fantastic but hard to watch. And I nearly forgot Westworld! This film scares the bejesus out of me and they're always remaking films that should have been left alone but I would be really interested to see what this would be like with todays technology.

Awwww, Monsters Inc, Nemo ... I'm really stuck now :lol:
24 Jan 2013, 21:23
Pixie, I think I need to watch 'This Life' is that the one about the lawyers? It's got... what's his name..Andrew Lincoln? My sister really fancied him. Not sure if I can see it myself..

The best bit, like a lot of those cartoons, was the music 'Thundercatss are loose' Ahh Lord of the Rings. A classic, though I haven't seen them since they out in the cinemas I haven't even managed to get to see The Hobbit. Though, I really loved the book.

Theedemented1, I also love Big Bang Theory. It's definitely one of the best current shows at the moment. Oh and Miranda is pretty good too. (Though I'm way behind on both current series, oh to be a student again and be able spend all your time watching telly! ;)
Doctor Who is also ace! Any particular doctor you're partial to?
24 Jan 2013, 21:57
Yup it was Andrew Lincoln, he was Egg and Jack Davenport was Miles ... I liked Miles but he was a bad man ;)

It was a brilliant series and while it was on telly it was the only thing that I made sure I watched every week. It made me laugh, cry and shout at the telly!

Thats the right theme tune for Thundercats and I'll probably be singing it to myself at 3am when I'm wide awake again :lol:
27 Jan 2013, 16:50
Elaine,

Miranda is ace, though forget its on half the time but catch up on iPlayer when I remember too.

David Tennant :D though I do like Matt Smith, he's grown on me and I think he plays the Dr very well. You?
28 Jan 2013, 22:24
Django Unchained, Saving Private Ryan, Shakespeare in Love, Its A Wonderful Life ,Sherlock Holmes, are just some films I would like on a Desert Island.As for books Dickens, Annie Proulx, Flora Thompson,Sue Townsend.are a few .
28 Jan 2013, 22:33
Oh no...BOOKS!!!!

I'd be awake all night thinking of the books I'd need to keep me sane :lol:

Tolkien, CS Lewis, John Le Carre, Sylvia Plath and the John Simpson autobiography I've never finished.

For a total escape from the real world I'd need Enid Blyton, The Wishing Chair and The Magic Faraway Tree books. I've got lovely illustrated copies of these still wrapped in the tissue paper from when I bought them over 20 years ago :roll:
29 Jan 2013, 08:08
Yes Pixie.I often read aFamous Five when I cant sleep.....pure comfort reading
29 Jan 2013, 08:54
I love buying series and watching them all in an evening over the course of a week, I hate having to wait a week to watch something I enjoy.

Some of the ones I have enjoyed recently are True Blood, Grimm, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Torchwood (and have always loved Dr Who, David Tennant my fave Dr I love him!!!).

And yeah with books I would be here all day! Although one I can really recommend is the Stonewylde series by Kit Berry. Amazing books that I have read 3 times over and am still hooked every time I pick one up. And I know Kit and she is an absolutely lovely lady too.
10 posts Page 1 of 1