The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
In the Mail tomorrow 2 day diet
19 Apr 2013, 19:01
Just seen an ad for the Mail tomorrow it said the new diet sweeping the country 2 day diet did anyone else catch it I think it means the 5.2 not sure
could be 2 day breast cancer diet, I think they have a recipe book coming out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/prmts/a ... -Diet.html
They're catching on.... more and more jumping on the bandwagon now :lol:
ah yes it could be ,I only caught part of the ad thanks
Just seen it on TV now sounds like the 5:2 "diet" WOE
Sorry Carol, I didn't see your post, just saw the ad & was so shocked that I just came on & posted. Shocked!
Got the paper and supplement for the 5:2 diet in the Mail, seems very similar to what we do but has to be consecutive days but doesn't say you have to calorie count so don't know how you keep track of what you're eating!
Was it the Michelle Harvey and Tony Howell one? They do their fasts back to back and you don't count calories but they give you a system of portions. The rest of the week you follow a Mediterranean diet so you effectively diet all week. You lose the freedom to arrange fasts round the odd takeaway or meal out.
That's the one Miffy. Some of the recipes look pretty good.
I did see an article by Jenni Murray on 19th April:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... t-29769256

I was shocked at some of the comments the article attracted and had to leave a comment of my own saying so. I also mentioned the 5:2 diet as well.
Doesn't surprise me. The Mail is noted for it. They seem to actively encourage it. My hubby was once featured in the Mail by SW and we learned the hard way. I hope Jenni Murray is used to the gang of trolls because the abuse we got was a real shock to the system! They are vile people.
Apart from one or two of its collumnists I quite like the DM. They have quite a lot of features on different diets. It's the on-line comments I can't stand especially the "eat less, move more..simples" kind of logic. I never realised how much some people really hate anyone who is overweight and how that hatred is expressed.
12 posts Page 1 of 1