The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Over 60
31 Jan 2013, 21:39
Is it more difficult to lose weight when you are a young at heart over 60 ? Also do you run the risk of looking older if too much weight is lost . Not that I'm vain ! ! :lol:
Re: Over 60
31 Jan 2013, 22:30
Hi Nickyanne, I'm not aiming to lose too much for that reason. I want to lose about a stone That would make me about 10 stone 2lbs.
I do beleive its more difficult to lose weight .I'm nor sure wether its hormones or metabolism.
Barbara
03 Feb 2013, 09:37
OH said he'll let me know when I start resembling a prune, time then to go to 6:1?
03 Feb 2013, 17:50
It is true though,I will need to be aware when my face shows too much 5/2 lifestyle. A friend of mine has recently shed a stone and I was shocked by the effect it had on her features.My OH promises to tell me when enough is enough.
03 Feb 2013, 20:38
Yes, I previously lost some 3 stone and friends said I looked 'unwell' yet I felt better than I had been in some time. Now 2 stone is back on I'm told I look well and feel awful. Which do we over 60s (70's in my case) do! It won't put me off.
04 Feb 2013, 08:18
It's the old face or figure conundrum, unless you're Joan Collins who somehow has it all! OH came across a photo of me from 6 years ago yesterday and remarked how much fatter in the face I appeared then. Not sure if the change is diet or age but I looked in the mirror and could see a bit of difference, not one I'm unhappy with however. The hamster look is not a good one!
6 posts Page 1 of 1