The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

40 posts Page 1 of 3
Good morning eyup. I hope you are well. I was tempted by boiled eggs for breakfast this morning, but know that if I eat so early in the day I'll just keep eating. So, I'll not give in to temptation and I'll wait until about six o'clock to eat.

I have lost a lot of weight, but the loss has really slowed now and I need to put in more effort in order to lose. I think that I have also probbably taken my eye off the ball a little. I limit my carbohydrate intake because I think that I am insulin resistant and try to eat mainly raw foods.

We'll see what today has in store.

Have a good day :clover:
well done you. I find not eating until the evening easier also, though sometimes bring the meal forward to 5:30!!! Just black coffee so far. Black tea is a bridge too far, but I did manage a black red bush tea last week, so may try that again. Need lots of fluids as I have a messy cold virus at present which assailed me out of the blue yesterday. With you on the insulin resistance I reckon, as bread etc does me in. Most of our meals are fairly healthy anyway so by saving everything up until later, I have a normal Sunday evening meal, usually salmon with loads of veg. I don't weigh it so I don't actually know the cals. You are amazing to have lost so much weight, so, don't give up now! there is Spanish word ánimo which people use to encourage someone, and the word itself sounds encouraging to me, so, ánimo Bracken :hugright:
Good Morning. I hope you had a good day yestrday, despite being under the weather.

How did your fasting go? I only lasted until 2pm, when I had a salad with cottage cheese, followed by strawberries and natural greek yoghurt, but that was it for the day.

Unlike you, I always drink tea without milk, and have done for many years, as milky tea makes me feel nauseous.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm not about to give up, but I seem to have lost my rhythm a little after having a "maintainance break" in March/ April. I don't have a great deal to lose now, so things have slowed down anyway, and there is a complication, in that I'm awaiting surgery to remove a large cyst. I'm sure that's playing havoc with my weight at the moment, and, of course, when I eventually have surgery, I imagaine that I'll have quite a dramatic weight and inch loss.

I hope that your cold didn't tempt you to eat for comfort, and that today finds you feeling a little better.

Bracken.
Good luck you two! :like:
Sorry Bracken for deserting you when we are just beginning! At the end of a virus, things transmogrified into a sinus infection and an ear infection at which point I gave up on fasting for the time being. I finally visited the doctors yesterday who, to my great surprise, gave me antibiotics.. So who knows, perhaps I'll be back on Sunday? I am supposed to be leading a five mile community walk next week, and want to check the route out first ...eek... When is your next fast day?

Your fast day described above sounds very good! I find it hard not to eat "extras" after evening meal, having "made it" all day without anything...Hope to gradually get better at the discipline, but I don't mind gradually getting better at it and learning the ropes as I go along, since I hope it will become a long term habit.....
Aagh. I just replied and it disappeared... I'm glad that you are back, rather than in the sick room. I'll reply properly tomorrow, as I feel frustrated now.

Bracken :heart:
Just a word of encouragement from an expatriate yorkshire lass ... :like:
(Being yorkshire, just one will do ... :grin: :lol: :grin: :shock: )
Thanks SilverDarling. All encouragement gratefully received! Especially as having only restarted, I am now waiting to be fit enough to restart again!! Still feel really wimpy, so not sure yet whether I shall do my Sunday fast tomorrow or not..... Am trying to come up with a Plan B if I am not strong enough to lead the community walk this week!
Sorry Bracken about the frustration. I find things skip about and I think I am writing a message and I find myself in some other place on the website! Anyway, "we shall overcome......." and all that. One small step for mankind......... Perhaps this infection is making me delirious.... x
Loving the language girls. Best of luck with your renewed enthusiasm.
Go for it Bracken, it will be worth it and you know that it really isn't too bad!

I am not fasting today as still under the weather with this infection and have decided that I need to get better first. Half way through the antibiotics so something should happen soon! Having restarted so recently, I have now put back on the two pounds I lost, but I shall look on the bright side; I would be another 2 pounds up if I had not restarted!! Trouble is that I have felt too wishy washy to exercise, as well as giving up on the fasting for now. Next possibility is Wednesday 23July, so high hopes to restart the restart...... Maybe I need to invent a new verb for restart the restart....... Have a good day !!! Xx
Ey up @eyup.
I'm beginning to think that I am jinxed, as I've posted another entry which has disappeard.

I hope that you aren't downhearted about your weight. A slight blip means nothing in the great scheme of things. At the moment you'd be wise to be kind and gentle towards yourself and to forget about the walk if you are feeling even slightly under the weather. There are plently more days for exercise and fasting.

I've lost a grand total of 0.6lbs this week. It makes me realise exactly why I've previously re-gained any weight losses. It really does need a lifestyle change if one is to maintain weight. I can do that! I wish I'd realised it earlier, but I know it now, so that's fine.

Have a good day, and don't push yourself too far. Take it easy if you are not totally well.
Bracken :heart:
Well done you! 0.6 is above average!!!!!!! :grin: Yes we have to treat this as a lifestyle, but all for the good. every week there seems to be articles in the press about how healthy weight reduces risk of other health complications.
I am not downhearted by the temporary hold up. I can restart the restart as soon as I throw off this infection. Still haven't come up with a new verb for restart the restart... Xx
I don't think that I can help with that either. It doesn't have the same ring as begine the begine though!
How do fellow Yorkshire folk?
Who knew there was a pair of tyke buddies?
Just wanted to offer some encouragement from the south of gods county. I think that bug you are discussing is all over Yorkshire and is making fasting very difficult to us all!! Hope you are feeling better and hang in there xx
O help...I had better come clean...ahem...I am in Derbyshire.... We are eyuppers here too.... :bugeyes: .. but I do LOVE Yorkshire, so I hope that I get some credit for good taste? Cleaner still, I am not even native Derbyshire, but at least am married into a long standing Derbyshire family.... and adopted the lingo, jitty, mardy, mizzling; though never quite got to mashing the tea...
40 posts Page 1 of 3