The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

26 posts Page 2 of 2
Hmmm - should I start a list?! Baked potatoes with butter, chocolate, my mother's cheesecake, potato latkes, chopped liver, Scottish tablet, fudge, goat's cheese, roast potatoes, brownies.....

Ok - bit of a pattern here - potatoes and sugar and carbs and soft cheese!
Bread for me too!

I also wish I didn't like baking so much, I'm always making stuff and therefore always eating stuff, I wish I hated cooking as the shop bought stuff doesn't interest me, it has to be home made!
Bread. Top of my list. Bloats me, gives me tummy ache and sometimes asthma attacks.
Oysters. Violently allergic. Adore them.
Wine. If that counts as food. Leads me into bread every time.
Prunes! I forgot prunes. After hating them when a schoolchild... when they used to be served in that horrible syrup with curdled custard (*vom*) I've recently discovered the soft-dried varieties - and being a gal who is experimenting with her taste buds I decided to give them a second chance. I LOVE them!!! But they don't love me!! Let's just say that there is a reason they are recommended for constipation!! I am highly sensitive to sorbitol. I can just about get away with one or two in an evening, but if I eat them earlier in the day I spend the evening with a very painful, bloated and gassy tum....
Heucherella wrote: Peanut butter :oops:

I adore cake and cheese, but am happy eating them in moderation. Moderation is very hard once me and the peanut butter jar are in the same space, especially if there is a spoon handy! :starving: :grin:

oh maaaaaaan :curse: how could I have forgotten about this.... I can't have peanut butter in the house, in fact I can't have ANY nut butter in the house; once I start on that, anybody'd think I'd been starved the way I spoon it into my chops!! :bugeyes:
Homemade peanut butter and salted caramel spread. As I make them myself they are healthier than what you find in stores (and peanut butter is full of proteins) but still, they are my weakness

Oh and blueberry tart, I can't resist it :cool: :grin:
How could I forget. Sweetened Condensed Milk. I eat it by the spoonful, and then feel sick vowing to never touch it again. Until the next time.
Julieathome wrote: How could I forget. Sweetened Condensed Milk. I eat it by the spoonful, and then feel sick vowing to never touch it again. Until the next time.

oh, a great treat as a child was a 'connyonny butty', (condensed milk spread between two doorstops of bread!).
Julie, Carnation also do a caramel version now! :grin:
Bread. Also milk chocolate but that's an easier craving for me to control.
Most of the above, chocolate, crisps, cheese, ham, cakes, biscuits, cream....... Oh dear, that's why I'm doing 5:2!
Fresh crusty bread would be my biggest problem.

Thankfully I live in the country so it's not that readily available. Even when I crave it buy the time I would have the car keys ... I usually come to my senses.
26 posts Page 2 of 2