The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have a clue.....?
29 Dec 2013, 12:16
One of my Christmas treats, since I was a small child, is to have turkey "dripping" on toast on Boxing morning and thereafter until it has all gone - so far I've "paced" myself and only eaten it a couple of times. Does anyone have a clue how many calories are in the gelatinous part of this? Not had much luck searching online. I'm not eating the fat, only a thin coating anyway, but it is scraped off, but I do love the jelly.... on a couple of Warburtons brown thins this year.... :like: My husband heaves at the thought of eating savoury jelly, but my mouth waters.... :victory:

Any ideas? :?:
I think that goes right off the calorie scale!! :confused:
I would think without the fat that it would be similar to a thin stock or gravy Domane.
If you mean just the solidified juices from cooking the turkey then I don't think that will have too many calories, especially as the fat rises to the top when chilled and as you say, you can scrape most of it off. I always use the turkey carcase to make soup and use the 'jelly' for added flavour. Anyway @Domane, you can easily treat yourself now you're at target so no problem, just enjoy it without guilt! :grin:
Thanks everyone..... xx
Try looking for gelatine and adding a few calories for the fact that its not pure gelatine.
I would think, given your progress and current BMI, a once-a-year treat would be just that and ignored in calorie counts.

It's the juices though, so go with the gelatine. I'd eat the fat too as it's going to be good for you in small doses.

I had toasted turkey sandwiches, that was my treat! :-)
7 posts Page 1 of 1