The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

8 posts Page 1 of 1
For my tea....
24 Jan 2014, 17:27
I am making THIS....

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smok ... ach-gratin

Well... OK... a version of that. I have substituted smoked haddock for cod (smoked fish = *vom*) and I have also substituted the cream for half-fat creme fraiche (as per the review at the bottom of the page) I won't put butter on the fish either, I'll spritz them with Fry-lite instead. And I've added 30g of Sainsburys Be Good 50% less fat cheddar to give it some extra flavour. So really, only the spinach and the celeriac are the same!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I've halved the quantities to make it for two so I'll have half today and the rest tomorrow. Calorie count comes in at 389 cals per portion. I'm doing a 16:8 day today and decided that as well as not eating until lunchtime, I'd also knock a third off my calorie intake for the day. I'm going to have some steamed fresh broccoli and some frozen button sprouts on the side so lots of yummy green veg too.

Shame it takes so blinkin' long to cook! *sighs longingly at oven*

Will let you know how it turns out. :smile:
Re: For my tea....
24 Jan 2014, 19:33
Oh my goodness.... that was LUSH! I shall definitely be making THAT again... and I've still got the other half to have tomorrow!! :like:
24 Jan 2014, 19:38
Thanks Domane, one more recipe to add to my celeriac repertoire!
24 Jan 2014, 19:52
Thanks for that I'm the only one who likes Celeriac in my house and I planted 8 seedlings this year. My OH keeps telling me how big they are getting (code for I think you should dig them up and get them out of the way)

Edit - it says 1 celeriac, mine are the size of a small planet!
24 Jan 2014, 19:57
:heart: Thanks from me too @Domane I've got all the ingredients in so will do that one next week sounds and looks wonderful :heart:
24 Jan 2014, 20:36
Dom doesn't eat celeriac but I LOVE it.... ooh mashed with a little greek yoghurt and a teaspoon of wholemeal mustard *drool* And it makes lovely chips when spritzed with Fry-lite! So versatile..... much more flavour than your bog-standard tater....
24 Jan 2014, 20:42
And low carb too Domane...for a root veg!
02 Feb 2014, 00:21
Oh my lord, this was Wonderful! My brother, who was watching basketball at the time, said, "She shoots, she scores, great recipe!" He loved it. Son Geoff thought there should have been more spice, so I may add more nutmeg. Any other suggestions would be welcome. I just loved the creaminess of it!

I did have a problem with it being very liquid, but I forgot to add half the spinach, so I added it halfway through without wilting it and squeezing out the excess first.

BTW, I could not find celeriac in my grocery store, so called a large food coop I go to in the city. They took 3 days to call back, then called it celery root - apparently the name here in the states!

Killer keeper recipe!
8 posts Page 1 of 1