The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Homemade burger goodness
14 Nov 2013, 20:07
So today I had lunch with a good friend at a lovely local pub under new management. On the specials board today was the homemade burger.
Now I love a good burger, not the sugary mass produced McDonalds variety, a good quality proper minced steak burger. Mmmmmmmmm!

Today was no exception, smothered with Red Leicester cheese and served on homemade bread with a sweet red onion relish and served with hand cut chips. It was glorious.

Just had to share!

Please share your favourite burger and topping and revel in this WOL
Re: Homemade burger goodness
14 Nov 2013, 20:12
I love a dirty burger but I have not had one for ages, and preferably without the bread. I like it spicy with lots of tomato salsa or with bacon, mayo and blue cheese :wink: ooo and the beef cooked medium rare.
14 Nov 2013, 20:41
A friend of mine makes a delicious burger. It's ground beef and gorgonzola cheese mixed together formed into a burger and grilled. Don't know if he adds any spices to the mix but it is absolutly yummy! :)
14 Nov 2013, 20:51
rawkaren wrote: I love a dirty burger but I have not had one for ages, and preferably without the bread. I like it spicy with lots of tomato salsa or with bacon, mayo and blue cheese :wink: ooo and the beef cooked medium rare.

Bacon and blue cheese. Yum yum! I love blue cheese on everything! X
14 Nov 2013, 20:53
Betsysgr8 wrote: A friend of mine makes a delicious burger. It's ground beef and gorgonzola cheese mixed together formed into a burger and grilled. Don't know if he adds any spices to the mix but it is absolutly yummy! :)

I don't do much Gorgonzola stuff but I do like Parmesan in a burger mix. Might look up a Gorgonzola recipe :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1